Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk program to join 2 fields of different files Post 302710777 by spacebar on Friday 5th of October 2012 12:15:08 AM
Old 10-05-2012
This will work if files are sorted by the first column(file name):
Code:
$ cat t
a~12345
b~54321
c~47789

$ cat t2
a~10/01/2012
b~10/02/2012
c~10/03/2012

$ join -t'~' t t2
a~12345~10/01/2012
b~54321~10/02/2012
c~47789~10/03/2012

This User Gave Thanks to spacebar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Left join on files using awk

nawk 'NR==FNR{a;next} {if($1 in a) print $1,"Found" else print}' OFS="," File_B File_A The above code is not working help is appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to join two files with awk.

Hi, Unix Gurus, I need to compare two file based on key value and load result to different files. requirement as following: file1 1, abc 2, bcd 4, cdefile2 1, aaaaa 2, bbbbb 5, ccccckey value is first column for both file. I need generate following files; records_in_1_not_2.txt 4,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - join multiple files

Is it possible to join all the files with input1 based on 1st column? input1 a b c d e f input2 a b input3 a e input4 c (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields from files with duplicate lines

I have two files, file1.txt: 1 abc 2 def 2 dgh 3 ijk 4 lmn file2.txt 1 opq 2 rst 3 uvw My desired output is: 1 abc opq 2 def rst 2 dgh rst 3 ijk uvw (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xan.amini
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields comparing 4 fields using awk

Hi All, I am looking for an awk script to do the following Join the fields together only if the first 4 fields are same. Can it be done with join function in awk?? a,b,c,d,8,,, a,b,c,d,,7,, a,b,c,d,,,9, a,b,p,e,8,,, a.b,p,e,,9,, a,b,p,z,,,,9 a,b,p,z,,8,, desired output: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk join 2 files

Hello All, file1 A1;B1;C1;D1;E1;F1;G1;H1;III1;J1 A2;B2;C2;D2;E2;F2;G2;H2;III2;J2 A3;B3;C3;D3;E3;F3;G3;H3;III3;J3 A4;B4;C4;D4;E4;F4;G4;H4;III4;J4file2 III1 ZZ1 S1 Y 1 P1 None NA III2 ZZ2 S2 Y 3 P2 None NA III3 ZZ3 S2 Y 5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join files on multiple fields

Hello all, I want to join 2 tabbed files on the first 2 fields, and filling the missing values with 0. The 3rd column in each file is constant for the entire file. file1 12658699 ST5 XX2720 0 1 0 1 53039541 ST5 XX2720 1 0 1.5 1 file2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheetalk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files using awk

Hello All; I have two files: File1: abc def pqr File2: abc,123 mno,456 def,989 pqr,787 ghj,678 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)