Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with continous scroll
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help with continous scroll Post 302710739 by Don Cragun on Thursday 4th of October 2012 07:24:57 PM
Old 10-04-2012
Some versions of the man utility provide various options to accomplish this. The method specified by the standards that should work on most systems would be the following:
Code:
PAGER=cat man desired_man_page

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To remove Continous blank spaces from a file in UNIX

All... I want to remove blank spaces in file . I just leraned that we can use " cat <Input filename> | tr -s ‘ ‘ > <Target file name> " i also know with SED we can replace a blank space by other character by sed s/ /*/g filename. Please let me know how can i do that by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Continous Integration for Unix / Linux

Hi all, We have serious problem with continuous integration system for application building on few different platforms. (aix 5.2, 5.3 solaris 8,9 , SUSE Linux 9.3, 10 , Slackware Linux 10,11,12, RedHAt Enterprise Linux и Windows 2003) We need application ( program ) to do the following tasks:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: +Yan
1 Replies

3. AIX

aixterm scroll?

on a AIX sys i have been trying to get the mouse scroll wheel to page the terminal for about 2 yrs now on aixterm. any ideas. the below syntax does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm. ------------------------- this does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm,, with a cat Xdefult |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To run a job continous (24x7)

Hi All, I have a job. I need to create a shell script which will execute that job continously i.e 24x7. Please help me in writing this script. Thanks, Kumar66 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Print Only Continous Numbers

Hi, i need help to print only those numbers which occur next to each other from a file. Input: 1 2 3 9 44 45 46 77 79 80 81 Desired Output: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

script for continous ping

Hi, I want to run a script for continuous ping for a day then delete the previous day after checking if there is a gap in between with the other servers connectivity. Output the result in a /tmp file everyday. Mainly i am trying to troubleshoot cacti graph gap i am seeing in certain time in a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarlinux
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate XML File Continous STRING by each Order Line using SHELL

heres sample File: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM "www"><cXML.............................................. <OrderRequest>USE UNIX.com</Extrinsic><Extrinsic name="UniqueName">Peter@UNIX.com</Extrinsic><Extrinsic name="ContractingEntity">UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pete.kriya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract & Manipulate continous data stream-- tcpdump

Hello; I have this rather tricky problem to solve --(to me, anyways) .. I am processing the following one liner with tcpdump.. tcpdump -i T3501 -A ether host 00:1e:49:29:fc:c9 or ether host 00:1b:2b:86:ec:1b or ether host 00:21:1c:98:a4:08 and net 149.83.6.0/24 | grep --line-buffered -B... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies
DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)											     DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollWindowSetAreas - Sets up or adds the window region, and the horizontal or vertical scroll bar widgets to the scroll window widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(widget, horizontal_scroll_bar,				vertical_scroll_bar, work_region)
	    Widget widget;
	    Widget horizontal_scroll_bar;
	    Widget vertical_scroll_bar;
	    Widget work_region;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll window widget ID.

horizontal_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the scroll bar widget ID for the horizontal scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNhorizontalScrollBar.

vertical_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the  scroll  bar widget ID for the vertical scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNverticalScrollBar.

work_region
		 Specifies  the  widget  ID for the window to be associated with the scroll window work area.  You can set or specify this ID only
		 after you create an instance of the main window widget.

Description
       The DwtScrollWindowSetAreas function adds or changes a window work region and a horizontal or vertical scroll bar widget to the scroll win-
       dow  widget  for  the  application.  You must call this function before the scroll window widget is realized, that is, before calling the X
       intrinsics function XtRealizeWidget.  Each widget is optional and may be passed as NULL.

See Also
       DwtScrollWindow(3Dwt), DwtWindow(3Dwt),
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)