Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Need an efficient XML writer for Perl Post 302710619 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 4th of October 2012 03:22:52 PM
Old 10-04-2012
Code:
use XML::Parser;

See perl CPAN for tutorials, examples, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML:Parser help

I am very new to XML. Really I have an excel file that I am trying to read w/ Perl on a Linux machine. I don't have a mod for reading excel files so I have to convert the excel file to xml to be able to read it. I can read the file and everything is ok except...the Number style is being dropped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl & XML... Need help.

In the case that there are two cells under one row, I can only read the first cell. If anyone thinks they know how to deal with this please let me know. XML code: <Row> <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Loved</Data></Cell> <Cell ss:Index="3"><Data ss:Type="Number">3.0</Data></Cell> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + xml

Hi there, I have need create and read (Handle) XML in perl, a lib with oop support. are you can present suitable library for this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
1 Replies

5. Programming

XML Handling in Perl

Hi there, I'm newby in perl and XML. I can read and parse Xml with XML-Node upper XML::Parser, but how can I create XML tags and pack my individual data in it then send through socket. PLZ lead me :) Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Handler in perl

Hi there, I'm newby in perl and XML. I can read and parse Xml with XML-Node upper XML::Parser, but how can I create XML tags and pack my individual data in it then send through socket. PLZ lead me :) Meanwhile what is your opinion about XML Writer library? Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get all the xml tags in perl?

Hi, I have 2 questions: a) Does getElementsByTagName in xml takes more time? b) If it takes more time what are the other alternatives used to get the tag names? For example: <Student> <Studname>aaa</Studname> <Studno>123</Studno> </Student> This is just a sample data. The file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an efficient way to search for a tag in an xml file having millions of rows

Hi, I have an XML file with around 1 billion rows in it and i am trying to find the number of times a particular tag occurs in it. The solution i am using works but takes a lot of time (~1 hr) .Please help me with an efficient way to do this. Lets say the input file is <Root> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
13 Replies

9. Programming

Perl and XML Parsers

Hi, Am pretty new for perl scripting and confused how to use XML Parser.. I just want to know how to use perl and XML parser.. The scenario is when i execute a command, it will generate a XML file.. From that XML file generated i need to grep for specific term that has HTML TAG say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies
XML::DOM::Parser(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       XML::DOM::Parser(3)

NAME
XML::DOM::Parser - An XML::Parser that builds XML::DOM document structures SYNOPSIS
use XML::DOM; my $parser = new XML::DOM::Parser; my $doc = $parser->parsefile ("file.xml"); $doc->dispose; # Avoid memory leaks - cleanup circular references DESCRIPTION
XML::DOM::Parser extends XML::Parser The XML::Parser module was written by Clark Cooper and is built on top of XML::Parser::Expat, which is a lower level interface to James Clark's expat library. XML::DOM::Parser parses XML strings or files and builds a data structure that conforms to the API of the Document Object Model as described at <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1>. See the XML::Parser manpage for other additional properties of the XML::DOM::Parser class. Note that the 'Style' property should not be used (it is set internally.) The XML::Parser NoExpand option is more or less supported, in that it will generate EntityReference objects whenever an entity reference is encountered in character data. I'm not sure how useful this is. Any comments are welcome. As described in the synopsis, when you create an XML::DOM::Parser object, the parse and parsefile methods create an XML::DOM::Document object from the specified input. This Document object can then be examined, modified and written back out to a file or converted to a string. When using XML::DOM with XML::Parser version 2.19 and up, setting the XML::DOM::Parser option KeepCDATA to 1 will store CDATASections in CDATASection nodes, instead of converting them to Text nodes. Subsequent CDATASection nodes will be merged into one. Let me know if this is a problem. Using LWP to parse URLs The parsefile() method now also supports URLs, e.g. http://www.erols.com/enno/xsa.xml. It uses LWP to download the file and then calls parse() on the resulting string. By default it will use a LWP::UserAgent that is created as follows: use LWP::UserAgent; $LWP_USER_AGENT = LWP::UserAgent->new; $LWP_USER_AGENT->env_proxy; Note that env_proxy reads proxy settings from environment variables, which is what I need to do to get thru our firewall. If you want to use a different LWP::UserAgent, you can either set it globally with: XML::DOM::Parser::set_LWP_UserAgent ($my_agent); or, you can specify it for a specific XML::DOM::Parser by passing it to the constructor: my $parser = new XML::DOM::Parser (LWP_UserAgent => $my_agent); Currently, LWP is used when the filename (passed to parsefile) starts with one of the following URL schemes: http, https, ftp, wais, gopher, or file (followed by a colon.) If I missed one, please let me know. The LWP modules are part of libwww-perl which is available at CPAN. perl v5.16.3 2002-07-31 XML::DOM::Parser(3)