Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux Post 302710599 by DGPickett on Thursday 4th of October 2012 03:10:57 PM
Old 10-04-2012
Tall order, as the gui seems to be always changing, and comes in many flavors.

Learning command line LINUX/UNIX is more approachable.

Google online for free tutorials. The Internet is rich!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix/linux books

hey, i am a pretty good linux/unix user but i would like to discover the full capabilities of linux/unix. i have "unix unleashed , by sams" any other books/websites reccomendations. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati

I am new to program development on Linux. I wonder what computer languages are easy to grasp to create man - machine interactive interface software, which can accept inputs (parameters) from usrers, and present (display) the calculation results to users. Before, I have heared about Perl,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
10 Replies

3. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

suggest me books/courses

I am new to unix world. I just know some basic commands only and some basics knowledge about unix. Anyone please suggest me from where should I start. Suggest me some book that could help me from the beginning. Presently I am working in php in a company and I want to move in unix. Please suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNITRIX
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones

In case you have not seen it, we have a UNIX and Linux Timeline on FB. If you have a few free moments, could you review the timeline and post back here in this thread with your suggestions and ideas for new entries and milestones? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

best books to begin shell scripting in ubuntu

pleas suggest free e books to begin Bash scripting in ubuntu..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggest books

Hi, I'm a beginner and am learning c programming. I want to learn UNIX/LINUX in parallel. But I don't know difference between UNIX and LINUX and where they are applied in real life. As a beginner, some people asked me to start with UNIX. Please let me know some very good books for UNIX. Also a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdbee
6 Replies
Net::Google::Code(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::Google::Code(3pm)

NAME
Net::Google::Code - a simple client library for google code SYNOPSIS
use Net::Google::Code; my $project = Net::Google::Code->new( project => 'net-google-code' ); $project->load; # load its metadata, e.g. summary, owners, members, etc. print join(', ', @{ $project->owners } ); # return a Net::Google::Code::Issue object, of which the id is 30 $project->issue( id => 30 ); # return a Net::Google::Code::Download object, of which the file name is # 'FooBar-0.01.tar.gz' $project->download( name => 'FooBar-0.01.tar.gz' ); # return a Net::Google::Code::Wiki object, of which the page name is 'Test' $project->wiki( name => 'Test' ); # loads all the downloads $project->load_downloads; my $downloads = $project->downloads; # loads all the wikis $project->load_wikis; my $wikis = $project->wikis; DESCRIPTION
Net::Google::Code is a simple client library for projects hosted in Google Code. Since 0.15, Net::Google::Code offers google's official issues api support. Besides the new "Net::Google::Code::Issue::list", "Net::Google::Code::Issue::Comment::list" and <Net::Googlel::Code::Issue::load_comments> methods, which use the api from start, you can set $Net::Google::Code::Issue::USE_HYBRID to true to load, create and update issue with the api too. But the official api is not function complete yet( e.g. no attachment support, can't merge, etc. ), Net::Google::Code will back to the scraping way to accomplish those stuff. ATTRIBUTES
project the project name email, password user's email and password, used to authenticate base_url the project homepage base_svn_url the project svn url (without trunk) base_feeds_url the project feeds url summary description labels owners members INTERFACE
load load project's home page, and parse its metadata parse acturally do the parse job, for load(); load_downloads load all the downloads, and store them as an arrayref in $self->downloads load_wikis load all the wikis, and store them as an arrayref in $self->wikis issue return a new Net::Google::Code::Issue object, arguments will be passed to Net::Google::Code::Issue's new method. download return a new Net::Google::Code::Download object, arguments will be passed to Net::Google::Code::Download's new method. wiki return a new Net::Google::Code::Wiki object, arguments will be passed to Net::Google::Code::Wiki's new method. DEPENDENCIES
Any::Moose, HTML::TreeBuilder, WWW::Mechanize, Params::Validate XML::FeedPP, DateTime, JSON, URI::Escape, MIME::Types, File::MMagic INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. This project is very very young, and api is not stable yet, so don't use this in production, at least for now. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" Fayland Lam "<fayland@gmail.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2010 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-26 Net::Google::Code(3pm)