Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dynamic thread in grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dynamic thread in grep Post 302710381 by Lem on Thursday 4th of October 2012 10:17:52 AM
Old 10-04-2012
Maybe: grep "$(eval echo '$name'$count)"

However, if the OP's shell has arrays...
--
Bye

Last edited by Lem; 10-04-2012 at 11:24 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Grep

Experts, Hi there. Feel like kicking myself today as I wish I could have paid more attention to learning while I was in college. If only wishes were horses .... Anyway, Im parsing the contents of a log file. Now what I need to do here is search for a pattern and then Pick the top 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic string searching for grep

hi my code is something like count=0 echo "oracle TABLESPACE NAME nd TARGET" while do count=`expr $count + 1` (1) tts_space_name$count=`echo $tts | cut -d "," -f$count` (2) target$count=grep $(tts_space_name$count)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep username and get all the lines with thread numbers

I need help to extract the file. If I am entering the user name like abcd@xyz.com, search the username and get the tread number. Once will get thread number all the line having same threadnumber wanted to keep in seperate file. It can be more than thread number for single username. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
3 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)