Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Move files into different folders based on its month Post 302710363 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 4th of October 2012 09:10:11 AM
Old 10-04-2012
Code:
dest=/path/to/september/
touch -t 201209010000 /tmp/d1
touch -t 201209305959 /tmp/d2
find /path/to/files -type f |
while read fname
do
     mv $fname $dest
done

try that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to move files into different folders based on filename

I need to move a bunch of files into folders that have the same name. I wanted to either do this with some filter command or some type of batch file that I could save that would already include all of the mv commands since I will have to do this process often. Whatever method you think is easier. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: italia5
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you move lines of numbers based on the month

How do you move lines of numbers i.e.(131, 134, 116, etc...) based on the month? Say for instance I only wanted June numbers and not July. This is what the file looks like so far but it runs everyday in a cron job so it will build to July. #cat backupcount.log 131 ,Thu Jun 05 08:00:41 2008... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: terryporter51
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move folders containing certain files

Hello, How can I move just the folders that contains files modified n days ago? Source tree: |-- SourceFolder | |-- Subfolder1 | | |-- file1.dat | | `-- file2.dat | |-- Subfolder2 | | |-- filea.dat | | `-- fileb.dat Destination tree: |-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavix
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files to Folders

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement and i am not clear how to approach this issue in unix programming. I have a folder with 2500 files. The files are in below format. 1234_name1.txt 1234_name123.txt 4567_name1.txt 4567_name123.txt and i need a program which will read each file from this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files but not folders to a new folder

Hi, I have a sub directory with a number of files and folders. What i want is a subdirectory with just folders and not files for cleanliness sake. So I want to move the files into the new folder but keep the folders in the same place. Move all files (but not folders) to new folder. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files in multiple folders

Hello all, I would appreciate any help to write a script. I have folder A which contains over 30 thousands xml files, I would like create multiple folders and move those files (500 in each folders). Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmsiddig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move only folders and skipping files

How do I move all folders and its contents from a directory A to another directory B, skipping all files in Directory A ? ---------- Post updated at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:42 PM ---------- Ok. Got it. mv /A/*/ /B/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DHeisenberg
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need script to move files based on month

Hi , I need a script which moves files based on month. Example : Apr 29 03:16 log4.txt Apr 29 03:16 log5.txt May 4 09:17 log1.txt May 4 09:17 log2.txt Move Apr files into Apr2015(Folder) Move May files into May2015(Folder). This is urgent requirement , if you can help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies
mcxmap(1)							  USER COMMANDS 							 mcxmap(1)

NAME
      mcxmap - permute or remap the indices of graphs and matrices.

SYNOPSIS
      mcxmap -imx fname (input) [-o fname (output)] [-make-map (output map file name)] [-make-mapc (output map file name)] [-make-mapr (output map
      file name)] [-cmul a (coefficient)] [-cshift b (translate)] [-rmul c (coefficient)] [-rshift d (translate)] [-mul e (coefficient)] [-shift f
      (translate)]  [-map  fname  (row/col  map file)] [-rmap fname (row map file)] [-cmap fname (column map file)] [-mapi fname (row/col map file
      (use inverse))] [-rmapi fname (row map file (use inverse))] [-cmapi fname (column map file (use inverse))] [-tab fname (read (and  map)  tab
      file)]

DESCRIPTION
      This utility relabels graphs or matrices. Its main use is in applying a map file to a given matrix or graph. A map file contains a so called
      map matrix in mcl format that has some special properties (given further below). The functionality of mcxmap can also be provided by mcx, as
      a  mapped  matrix  (i.e.	the  result  of  applying a map matrix to another matrix) is simply the usual matrix product of a matrix and a map
      matrix. However, mcx will construct a new matrix and leave the original matrix to be mapped alone. When dealing with huge matrices,  consid-
      erable  gains  in  efficiency  memory-wise  and  time-wise  can be achieved by doing the mapping in-place.  This is what mcxmap does. In the
      future, its functionality may be embedded in mcx with new mcx operators.

The special properties of a map matrix are

o The column domain and row domain are of the same cardinality.
      o Each column has exactly one entry.
      o Each row domain index occurs in exactly one column.

These properties imply that the matrix can be used as a map from the column domain onto the row domain.  An example map matrix is  found	in
      the EXAMPLES Section.

OPTIONS
      -o fname (output file)
	Output file.

-imx fname (input file)
	Input file.

-map fname (row/col map file))
      -rmap fname (row map file)
      -cmap fname (column map file)
      -mapi fname (row/col map file (use inverse))
      -rmapi fname (row map fil (use inverse))
      -cmapi fname (column map fil (use inverse))
	Different ways to specify map files.

-make-map (output map file name)
      -make-mapc (output map file name)
      -make-mapr (output map file name)
	Generate a map that maps the specified domain onto the appropriate canonical domain and write the map matrix to file.

-cmul a (coefficient)
      -cshift b (translate)
	These  options	have  affect if neither a column map file nor column canonification is specified. If any of the first two options is used,
	column indices i are mapped to a*i+b.

-rmul c (coefficient)
      -rshift d (translate)
	These options have affect if neither a row map file nor row canonification is specified.  If  any  of  the  first  two	options  is  used,
	indices i are mapped to c*i+d.

-mul e (coefficient)
      -shift f (translate)
	If  a  map  file  is  specified for a given domain, neither a map file nor canonification is specified. If any of the first two options is
	used, the indices i will be mapped to e*i+f.

-tab fname (read (and map) tab file)
	This option requires the -map option. mcxmap will output the mapped tab definition.

EXAMPLES
      The matrix below has two canonical domains which are identical.  It denotes a map of the canonical domain onto itself, in which  node  0	is
      relabeled to 8, node 1 is relabeled to 5, et cetera.

(mclheader
      mcltype matrix
      dimensions 12x12
      )
      (mclmatrix
      begin
      0  8  $
      1  5  $
      2  3  $
      3  2  $
      4  4  $
      5  6  $
      6  7  $
      7  9  $
      8  1  $
      9  10 $
      10 11 $
      11 0  $
      )

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mcxio(5), mcx(1), mcxsubs(1), and mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

mcxmap 12-068 						      8 Mar 2012							   mcxmap(1)