Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontab job not executed with variables Post 302710355 by turki_00 on Thursday 4th of October 2012 08:56:04 AM
Old 10-04-2012
Found a solution:

in /etc/rc.local file:
Code:
export EC2_PRIVATE_KEY=/home/ubuntu/pk.pem
export EC2_CERT=/home/ubuntu/cert.pem
export EC2_HOME=/usr/bin

I also placed the calling for the script with the redirecting the stderr in /etc/rc.local:

Code:
/home/ubuntu/tt.sh >> /home/ubuntu/myLog 2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ant not being executed as cron job

i have a script that uses an ant build.xml and its targets to pull a project from a cvs server, attempt to build the project, and then email me the results. When I run the script (either @ CLI or as a cron job) while I am logged in, everything works fine. However, if the script is set up to run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingfinny
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script doesn't get executed using crontab

I have the following crontab entry to run a shell script for every 30 minutes of every day: 30 * * * * $HOME/main.sh > $HOME/main.log 2>$HOME/error.log after I created the crontab file I have also done: $crontab my_crontab I also check to make sure it exists, by using the following... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting cannot executed in crontab

hi guys, i have a problem. a week ago i made a successful crontab that execute bash scripting daily, it worked well but now, it doesn't work at all, in the mail i have: " /home/jimmy/cha/scripts/cekpderr produced the following output: lagi jalan /home/jimmy/cha/scripts/cekpderr:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmbp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Routine doesn't give output when executed in crontab

I have a script running in the crontab that gets data from a database every hour. Now I would like to execute a fortran routine to process the data in some way, after getting it and saving it locally. I have added the following commands to my script: set convert =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SharkM
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script errors out only when its executed via job

I wrote a script to shutdown the oracle database. The script works fine when I manually run the script. However, when i schedule a job, i get the following error. Shutting Down cmismart .................... ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist SVR4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled - when executed with $variables

I have got a file job_tree.lst , which contains 1 line as below $ cat job_tree.lst ABC_D_EQ_XXXXX_YYYY_PRD_UX 05/08/2009 05:47 05/08/2009 05:50 IN 13412850/0 I want to get a child job string 3 characters offset from the parent job string (i.e. ABC_D_EQ_XXXXX_YYYY_PRD_UX 05/08/2009... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Log files to view job executed in Autosys -- Help ASAP

Hi all, I really need your help ASAP on this. Below is the description of my problem and a sketch of Autosys Job Activity Console ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ File View Options +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Job Name Description Status Command Machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakal_woman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users who desire to have their .profile executed must explicitly do so in the crontab entry. Why?

The .profile file should be read when the user logs in. So, there should be no need to execute .profile file again in a cron job (since the cron job is run after the user logs in). Doesn't the cron require login from the user. Then, from where does the cron execute? Please help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job executed at wrong time

Dear *nix users. I'm on Mac OS 10.6 / Terminal and try to use crontab to schedule two scripts every 30 minutes and every 41 minutes. I followed the man instructions and created / installed a crontab file for the current user:crontab -e with the following content */30 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxnos
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect and fix why crontab job is not executed?

I have set several cron jobs. I recently added a new cron job that copies a file of last day from another server and is executed each day (for example at 04:00 am) but when I check next day the file hasn't been copied. I'm working in GNU/Linux CentOS (2.6.32) system. The files that I need to... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
23 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)