Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete from target a LUN that is mounted on initiator Post 302710193 by slavash on Thursday 4th of October 2012 05:12:25 AM
Old 10-04-2012
It is a LUN that has a FS, there is no constant I/O to it, but should't i except that the System will shout at me?
I see only warning msgs in the dmesg that LUN assignments on the target were changed and SCSI doesn't preform remap...

by the way, rescan-scsi-bus.sh doesn't help - it doesn't remaps the LUN, only reset of the stack does..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Iscsi - target + initiator on the same host.

Hi all iscsiadm / iscsitadm. Ive created two devices on a host. # iscsitadm list target Target: 1-disk0 iSCSI Name: iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:f105ddf3-52a4-ed7a-9590-c3d354b8fc32.1-disk0 Connections: 1 Target: 1-disk1 iSCSI Name:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
0 Replies

3. Solaris

One LUN, mounted on two servers - howto

Hi all Im in a situation where I need to mount a single 650Gb lun on two servers / zones. ServerA is the main database and performs a backup to u99, I need to have this u99 also mounted onto another server to allow various zones to `feed` from it. Ok, I know I can umount, then remount it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

target string to delete

Hi all, I have a text file with a lot of records. In each records I have tags like this: =952 \\$aBNCS-CH\\$bBNCS-CH\\$h1989\\$oBNCS-CH0000001\\$pBNCS-CH0000001\\$yJNL =952 \\$aBNCS-C.UNIV\\$bBNCS-C.UNIV\\$h1974-77.\\$oBNCS-C.UNIV0000001\\$pBNCS-C.UNIV0000001\\$yJNL =952... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete single file from the target folder

Hi We want to delete a single file from the destiantion directory using rsync. Is it possible to do this ? or Do we have any alternate approaches in rsync( for ex applying some filters ..etc) For ex: ----------------------------------------------- Source (Folder) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete specific files - from different target folder

Hi, I need to use rsync to delete multiple files(only specified files not all) using --delete option, these files are located in different target folders. Instead of running rsync command multiple times for each file, can we achieve this with one time execution? your help is much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete more than 7 days file from Target folder?

Hi Team, I have to remove files which are more than 7 days in my target directory. I have this script but using this i faced some problems like, removed library files of unix. for abc in `find /xxx/abc/OutputFiles/xxxx_*.txt -type f -mtime +5|xargs ls 1` do echo "xxx files are:"$abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harris
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to delete iscsi target

Hi Please can someone give me a hint on this, when I list the targets, I see two o them: #iscsiutil -p Operational Target Information ------------------------------ Target # 1 ----------- Target Name : iqn.1992-08.com.netapp:sn.142241859 Target Alias ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to compare directories and delete files on target server

Hello, I need help in writing the shell script for below mentioned case. There are 2 servers(server A, server B). A cronjob syncs files between these 2 servers. Existing script is copying files from A to B. This is done using the command rsync. However, the files are not deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravaniVedam11
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies
SG_RDAC(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_RDAC(8)

NAME
sg_rdac - Display or Modify RDAC Redundant Controller Page SYNOPSIS
sg_rdac [-a] [-f=LUN] [-v] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_rdac displays or modifies the RDAC controller settings via the Redundant Controller Page (0x2C). When modifying the settings it allows to transfer the ownership of individual drives to the controller the command was received on. OPTIONS
-a Transfer all (visible) devices -f=LUN Transfer the device identified by LUN. This command will only work if the controller supports 'Dual Active Mode' (aka active/active mode). -v be verbose -V print version string then exit EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_rdac is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse dot com>, based on sg_emc_trespass. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Hannes Reinecke, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_RDAC(8)