Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl regex string match issue..kindly help Post 302710151 by avskrm on Thursday 4th of October 2012 03:47:56 AM
Old 10-04-2012
my match works fine if the input line has {****************************.....but there is a change in the input line as {* abccd or {*abce...it fails....
I tried to use the match
$data=~/^{\*+([^*]+)?\**$/;
but it throws error saying "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex string opperation

I'm working on a basic log parser in perl. Input file looks like: len: 120713 foo bar file size of: testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testfile0 is 120713Of course there are tens of thousands of lines... I'm trying to compare the len and filesize values. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkozel
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex to match when input is not a certain string (can't use grep -v)

Hey everyone, Basically, all I'm looking for is a way to regex for not a certain string. The regex I'm looking to avoid matching is: D222 i.e. an equivalent of: awk '!/D222/' The problem is that I use this in the following command in a Bash script: ls ${source_directory} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdelok
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with an exact match using regex in perl!

Hello Guys, I am trying to make an exact match for an email address entered as an argument, using perl, however, it's not working if I put a "$" in the email address. See the below outputs, Correct Match : bash-2.03$ echo sandy@test.com | perl -wln -e 'print if /(^*\@test.com$)/i'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffisandy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Regex, string matching

Hi, I've a logfile which i need to parse and get the logs depending upon the user input. here, i'm providing an option to enter the string which can be matched with the log entries. e.g. one of the logfile entry reads like this - $str = " mpgw(BLUESOAPFramework):... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl newbie - regex replace all groups issue

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with my problem. The issue: I am trying to replace all occurrences of a regex, but I cannot make the regex groups work together. This is a simple input test file: The Vedanta Philosophy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex issue

Hi, I find it really strange while writing a simple regex to match and print the matched string, dibyajyo@fwtest:~ #perl -e '$x = "root@rashmi>"; print "matched string:$1\n" if ($x =~ /(root@rashmi)/);' matched string:root dibyajyo@fwtest:~ #perl -e '$x = "root@rashmi>"; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Regex for Search and Replace that has a flexible match

Hi, I'm trying to match the front and back of a sequence. It works when there is an exact match (obviously), but I need the regex to be more flexible. When we get strings of nucleotides sometimes their prefixes and suffixes aren't exact matches. Sometimes there will be an extra letter and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that match regex on xth string

Hello, I need an awk command to print only the lines that match regex on xth field from file. For example if I use this command awk -F"|" ' $22 == "20130117090000.*" 'It wont work, I think, because single quotes wont allow the usage of the metacharacter star * . On the other hand I dont know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
RE_COMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							RE_COMP(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - BSD regex functions SYNOPSIS
#define _REGEX_RE_COMP #include <sys/types.h> #include <regex.h> char *re_comp(char *regex); int re_exec(char *string); DESCRIPTION
re_comp() is used to compile the null-terminated regular expression pointed to by regex. The compiled pattern occupies a static area, the pattern buffer, which is overwritten by subsequent use of re_comp(). If regex is NULL, no operation is performed and the pattern buffer's contents are not altered. re_exec() is used to assess whether the null-terminated string pointed to by string matches the previously compiled regex. RETURN VALUE
re_comp() returns NULL on successful compilation of regex otherwise it returns a pointer to an appropriate error message. re_exec() returns 1 for a successful match, zero for failure. CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD. NOTES
These functions are obsolete; the functions documented in regcomp(3) should be used instead. SEE ALSO
regcomp(3), regex(7), GNU regex manual COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1995-07-14 RE_COMP(3)