Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting input CSV file into 3 files Post 302710023 by kedrick on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 10:27:29 PM
Old 10-03-2012
Splitting input CSV file into 3 files

Hi ,

I am receiving a CSV file that can vary in number of rows each time.
I am supposed to split this file into 3 separate files like this:
1. create a file named 'File1.csv' that will contain first 3 rows of the input file
2. create file named 'File2.csv' that will contain last 3 rows of the input file
3. create a file named 'File3.csv' that will contain all rows from the input file, except for the first 3 and last 3 rows

Can you please help me with this?
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give multiple csv files as input in awk

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting..My problem is i want to give multiple csv files as input to awk script and process the data into one file.. My input file is File1 File2 File3 Product Location Period SalesPrice A x 8/11/2010 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Splitting the single csv file

Hi, I have a requiement where in i will get a single file but there will be mutiple headers. Suppose say for eg: Header1 Data... Data... Header2 Data.. Data.. Header3 Data.. Data.. I want to split each with the corresponding data into a single file. Please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a csv files by separating the values from the input file based on position?

Hi All, I need help for doing the following. I have a input file like: aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccbbbbbaaaaaadddddaaaabbbbbbb now I am trying to generate a output csv file where i will have for e.g. 0-3 chars of each line as the first column in the csv, 4-10 chars of the line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files in ksh and o/p the difference in a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Open Source

Splitting files using awk and reading filename value from input data

I have a process that requires me to read data from huge log files and find the most recent entry on a per-user basis. The number of users may fluctuate wildly month to month, so I can't code for it with names or a set number of variables to capture the data, and the files are large so I don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting CSV into variables then to XML file

I have a text file that looks like this: FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 I need it to turn it into an XML file to run against a custom application. My ultimate goal is for it to look like... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting csv into 3 tables in html file

I have the data in csv in 3 tables. how can I output the same into 3 tables in html.also how can I set the width. tried multiple options . attached is the format. #!/bin/ksh awk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML><BODY><TABLE border = '1' cellpadding=10 width=100>" print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
7 Replies
pamdeinterlace(1)					      General Commands Manual						 pamdeinterlace(1)

NAME
pamdeinterlace - remove ever other row from a PAM/PNM image SYNOPSIS
pamdeinterlace [-takeodd] [-takeeven] N [infile] You can use the minimum unique abbreviation of the options. You can use two hyphens instead of one. You can separate an option name from its value with white space instead of an equals sign. DESCRIPTION
pamdeinterlace Removes all the even-numbered or odd-numbered rows from the input PNM or PAM image. Specify which with the -takeeven and -takeodd options. This can be useful if the image is a video capture from an interlaced video source. In that case, each row shows the subject 1/60 second before or after the two rows that surround it. If the subject is moving, this can detract from the quality of the image. Because the resulting image is half the height of the input image, you will then want to use pamstretch or pnmscale to restore it to its normal height: pamdeinterlace myimage.ppm | pamstretch -yscale=2 >newimage.ppm OPTIONS
-takeodd Take the odd-numbered rows from the input and put them in the output. The rows are numbered starting at zero, so the first row in the output is the second row from the input. You cannot specify both -takeeven and -takeodd. -takeeven Take the even-numbered rows from the input and put them in the output. The rows are numbered starting at zero, so the first row in the output is the first row from the input. This is the default. You cannot specify both -takeeven and -takeodd. SEE ALSO
pamstretch(1), pnmscale(1) AUTHOR
put by Bryan Henderson in the public domain in 2001 11 November 2001 pamdeinterlace(1)