Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris samba error after install with pkgadd Post 302709535 by samiulla on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 11:19:07 AM
Old 10-03-2012
samba error after install with pkgadd

Hello this is samiulla. i face this issue. i installed samba with pkgadd after i install i add paths for that.

-bash-3.00# echo $PATH
/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:/usr/local/samba/bin/
-bash-3.00#

when enter this commad smbd -D i got this error

smbd -D
ld.so.1: smbd: fatal: libintl.so.8: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

---------- Post updated at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:17 PM ----------

Still no one answer my problem. i expect more from this foram. butttttttttttttttt.........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PKGADD error

Hello.. I'm making a pkg file that inserts a few files into an existing directory structure. I'm having some trouble in that the package will insert the directories I need.. but will fail to put the files I want into those directories. What I'm getting is this: ERROR: attribute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bags
2 Replies

2. AIX

Install Samba

Hello Can someone help how to install samba on aix 5.3, I go to tha samba page and i download two files opt-samba-base.tar.gz opt-samba-3.0.28-AIX5.tar.gz and I read the readme file but there is a file that miss and I dont know if I need to do this necessary "You can now verify... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Samba install on AIX 5.2

Ok I'm still trying to figure AIX out, I was used to HP-UX until they switched our server to AIX in February and all of the other servers are Linux which appears to be much more friendly. AIX is, well, NOT. I am trying to install Samba so I can copy files onto a Windows SQL server - that's all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rball
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Pkgadd error

Hi All, Good Mng,Here I am getting one error while adding the top package to one of my Aun server. root@HYDREM01 # pkgadd -d top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCtop top (sparc) 3.6.1 Select package(s) you wish to process (or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba: Install w/o Root

I've had some recent success compiling some simple programs to my home directory without root access (wget, screen, less). My Question is this: Can I compile a complex program like Samba WITHOUT root access to my home directory? Or are the multiple library dependencies going to cause an issue?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba pre-install questions.

Greetings, I hope this is the right forum. I am looking to install Samba on my Linux box on my home network. I'm pretty sure I can deal with the how, I'm just not certain of the what. ok I'm using Debian lenny with no GUI. I have apt working and I've successfully installed and used one package... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
10 Replies

7. Solaris

pkgadd will not install solaris studio 12.3

I downloaded Solaris 10 OS on x86, SVR4 installer to my desktop and ran digest -a md5 on the downloaded file and the hash values matched. I then ran bunzip2 followed by pkgadd -d SolarisStudio12.3-solaris-x86-pkg and am getting the following error: pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
14 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba 3.6.5 install problems

Hi all, I'm trying to update my samba 3.5.10 to 3.6.5 due to security CVE issued with 3.5. I downloaded and unzipped, did the make and make install and the ./configure. I didn't use any changes to it and it said it installed correctly added it to my path and it looks like it's operating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattymatt79
6 Replies

9. AIX

Install pkgadd on AIX

I believe pkgadd facility is available on AIX for managing installation of software packages. How can i get pkgadd facility on AIX machine. which packages i have to install to get pkgadd feature? :mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Pkgadd error no packages found in /var

Hello all! So I'm trying to do an install, I'm using a command like pkgadd -d /opt/te_agent_8.1.0_en_solaris_sparc/te_agent.pkg TWEagent And receive the following: pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/tmp/dstreAAAAXaq3z> So what gives? Why is it looking in /var/tmp? I'm telling... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HannibalRex
5 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					      TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)