Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In Perl can i define a hash with value as variable? Post 302709375 by zing_foru on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 07:21:40 AM
Old 10-03-2012
In Perl can i define a hash with value as variable?

Hi,

Is it possible in perl to have a hash defined with variables as theirs key values, like:
%account = ('username' => 'boy', 'password' => $password);

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Pattern Matching a HASH variable

Hi All, I'm trying to test a Hash variable but it's not working. Here is my code - can anyone tell me if the test is valid? for (keys %enabled_yn) { if ($enabled_yn{$1} =~ m/\s+Y/) { $html =~ s/%(\w+)%/\<b\>\<font color\=orange\>$enabled_yn{$1}\<\/font\>\<\/b\>/g; }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pondlife
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define multiple mail recipents in a variable in perl

hi I have a perl script from which I call a shell script and pass mail variable to it. The mail works fine if I give 1 recipient but fails for multiple. conv.pl:- $mialing = "anu\@abc.com" rest.sh $mialing rest.sh mail -s "hi" $1 This works fine But I need to define multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: accessing reference to variable inside hash.

Below is hash which contains reference to variables: my %mandatoryFields = ( 1 => \$msgtype, 2 => \$switchtype, 3 => \$card_nbr, 4 => \$natv_tran_type_code, 5 => \$amt_1 ); This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate a hash variable into 2 parts in Perl

Dear Perl users/experts, Could somebody help me how to solve my problem, I have a hash variable that I want to convert into dot file (graphviz). I know how to convert it to dot file but I need some modification on the output of the hash variable before convert it to dot file. Eeach key of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: askari
1 Replies
lpasswd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							lpasswd(8)

NAME
lpasswd - Change group or user password SYNOPSIS
lpasswd [OPTION]... [name] DESCRIPTION
Changes password of user or group name. If the name argument is not provided, username of the invoking user is used; the name argument is ignored if lpasswd is run set-uid to a different user. Entering an empty password (by pressing Enter) aborts the password setting operation. OPTIONS
-F, --plainpassword-fd=fd Read password from file descriptor fd, terminated by end of file, ' ' or ' '. -f, --password-fd=fd Read password hash from file descriptor fd, terminated by end of file, ' ' or ' '. -g, --group Change password of group name. By default the password of user name is changed. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -P, --plainpassword=password Set the password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running lpasswd using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set the password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running lpasswd using tools such as ps(1). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lpasswd(8)