Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Try solver System of linear algebraic equations in Shell Bash Post 302709349 by newbieseos on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 06:33:55 AM
Old 10-03-2012
Thanks for all your replying

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you perform mathematical equations in UNIX?

Hello one and all, I have a basic background in UNIX, but I was wondering if there is a way to perform simple mathematical equations (like multiplication, addition)? If so, is there a way to multiply values from a column by a value to produce a column with the answers? :confused: I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VioletFairy
4 Replies

2. Programming

LInear Addresses

Hi all, Even after reading many explanation the question still haunting me what's the difference between physical and linear addresses.Can we directly access physical addresses .If not then paging circuitry would have ensure contiguous physical addresses regardless of any linear addresses but this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Differential Equations

I`m having a cluster with Rocks 5.2 distribution and I want to solve differential equations and I`m interested to know if are some programs already developed to do this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapo
3 Replies

4. Programming

Linear linked list node delete

Given an in-between(any node not at the start and end of the linked list) node within a singly linear linked list, how to delete that node, when head pointer of list is not given? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
13 Replies

5. Programming

Linear hashing implementation in C language

Hi, I'm looking for linear hashing implementation in C language. Please help. PS: I have implement this on Ubuntu 10.04 Linux on 64 bit machine. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk - Two equations?

I really know barely anything about awk and the like but I have a bit of code I need help with. The bash script is meant to get my usage numbers from my ISP and it does so perfectly. However I want to know how much I can use each day. So to do this I would need to divide its output by the number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Light_
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in algebraic expression

count=`cat /filecount.txt | tail -1 |head -1| awk '{print $1}'` exact_count=`expr $value \* 24` i want to subtract a="$exact_count" - "$count" but its not taking o/p of "count" as number $a is wrong answer hence not getting proper output. plz help me out :confused: Please use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in algebraic substraction

my code is like this count=`cat /filecount.txt | tail -1 |head -1| awk '{print $1}'` ###file is having value 264 #### echo "actual count = $count" exact_count=`expr $value \* 24` echo "exact_count= $exact_count" diff=`expr "$exact_count" - "$count"` a= exact_count - count ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - sed / reading from a data file and doing algebraic operations

Hi everyone, I am trying to write a bash script which reads a data file and does some algebraic operations. here is the structure of data.xml file that I have; 1 <data> 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 </data> 6 <data> 7 . 8 . 9 . 10</data> etc. Each data block contains same number of lines (say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
4 Replies
tt_message_barg_add(library call)										 tt_message_barg_add(library call)

NAME
tt_message_barg_add -- add an argument to a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <Tt/tt_c.h> Tt_status tt_message_barg_add( Tt_message m, Tt_mode n, const char *vtype, const unsigned char *value, int len); DESCRIPTION
The tt_message_barg_add function adds an argument to a pattern that may have a byte-array value that contains embedded nulls. To change existing argument values, the application must use only modes TT_OUT or TT_INOUT. Adding arguments when replying to a message produces undefined results. The m argument is the opaque handle for the message involved in this operation. The n argument specifies who (sender, handler, observers) writes and reads a message argument. The following modes are defined: TT_IN The argument is written by the sender and read by the handler and any observers. TT_OUT The argument is written by the handler and read by the sender and any reply observers. TT_INOUT The argument is written by the sender and the handler and read by all. The vtype argument describes the type of argument data being added. The ToolTalk service treats the value as an opaque byte string. To pass structured data, the application and the receiving application must encode and decode these opaque byte strings. The most common method to do this is XDR. The value argument is the value to be added. The len argument is the length of the value in bytes. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the tt_message_barg_add function returns the status of the operation as one of the following Tt_status values: TT_OK The operation completed successfully. TT_ERR_NOMP The ttsession(1) process is not running and the ToolTalk service cannot restart it. TT_ERR_POINTER The pointer passed does not point to an object of the correct type for this operation. SEE ALSO
Tt/tt_c.h - Tttt_c(5), tt_message_arg_add(3), tt_message_iarg_add(3) tt_message_barg_add(library call)