Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting guidance required: feed load search & display in shell scripting Post 302709309 by sachaan on Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 04:52:58 AM
Old 10-03-2012
Error guidance required: feed load search & display in shell scripting

Hey Jim thanks for prompt reply.

I am on CSH shell while giving uname -a
I got "SunOS xxxxxxservernamexxxxxxx 5.10 Generic_137111-07 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M"

Also, regarding the feed arrival whats happening in the system is that feeds are arriving at 12,2,3,4,6 and 8 in the server from different sources
which we are manually verifying if a particular feed has arrived at 5:59 or 6:03 and making a excel each day.

While what we intent to do is to automate the process that i.e running one script gives us a chart which displays all the feeds arrived with their date/time, hence reducing manual effort many folds.

Waiting for guidance eagerly.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Required in shell scripting

Hi, I am new to Unix shell scripting.I have a requirement where I have to search for a particular file in a Unix directory based on some criterian of the content of the file.Actually there would be two files with same name and then I have zip them together and stoe in the same directory. As... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kunal Banerjee
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Required UNIX shell scripting material

As I am new in UNIX , and I want to learn UNIX shell scripting. where shall I get material for Scripting ( For basics fundamentals and production environmental scripts) Kindly provide me ...................... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate months and display in shell scripting

I just want to know, how do we calculate the months in shell scripting. If i give the input as 20-01-2011, the output should be 20-02-2011, 20-03-2011 or 20-04-2011........ How do i get this ? Cheers. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin24
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required help in shell scripting

Iam new to shell scripting,i have a text file in my $home directory mentioned below. 201249_BAN_EXCL.TXT I need to refer the above file in my automated script but the number 201249 used to change every week.How can i refer to this file everyt time without renaming it manually? Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jroyal
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the First and Last name from a file using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and doing a similar thing @ work Stan:Smith:Detroit:MI Jim:Jones:Farmington Hills:MI Jack:Frost:Denver:CO Sue:Apple:New York:NY Cindy:Thompson:Battle Creek:MI John:Smith:Denver:CO George:Jones:New York:NY Need to create a shell script This script will display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakemathew
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting help required

I have a shell script which calls a sql script. But in the output file I'm getting an additional '^L' character. Please advise how this is to be handled. spool /opt/oracle/DART/out/Indx_rebuild.out SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET HEADING OFF SET NEWPAGE NONE SELECT 'ALTER INDEX '||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Some guidance on scripting

Hey All, I am newbie on scripting and need some guidance from all the experts here. I am working on one project where I will check the status/health of around ten (10) solaris 10 servers. I have one central server from where I have already setup the passwordless SFTP and setup the cron... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supercops
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell Scripting to display a output from a command

Please find my below requirement and see if you can help me on this. I am looking for a shell script which can provide me the below output. Manuall steps which i am doing now 1) First I source the File $ . ./WC_env.sh 2) Execute the command $ /app/oracle/product/mos/bin/mosotl -url... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheshpn@gmail
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display only the first 5 running process using top in shell scripting?

topfunc() { top } topfunc Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function. when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel i just want to display only the first 5 running process. is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Guidance required in .profile

Not every server I use has bash so I wanted to add an option to check if bash exists. This is what I tried. This is the error message it gives "-bash: '". It works before I add the and option. if ; then echo hi source ~/.bashrc; fi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
feed2imap(1)						      General Commands Manual						      feed2imap(1)

NAME
feed2imap - clever RSS/ATOM feed aggregator SYNOPSIS
feed2imap [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
feed2imap is an RSS/Atom feed aggregator. After Downloading feeds (over HTTP or HTTPS), it uploads them to a specified folder of an IMAP mail server. The user can then access the feeds using Mutt, Evolution, Mozilla Thunderbird or even a webmail. -V, --version Show version information. -v, --verbose Run in verbose mode. -c, --rebuild-cache Rebuilds the cache. Fetches all items and mark them as already seen. Useful if you lose your .feed2imap.cache file. -f, --config file Use another config file (~/.feed2imaprc is the default). SEE ALSO
Homepage : http://home.gna.org/feed2imap/ feed2imaprc(5), feed2imap-cleaner(1), feed2imap-dumpconfig(1), feed2imap-opmlimport(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2005 Lucas Nussbaum lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. Jul 25, 2005 feed2imap(1)