Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep issue (Solaris)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep issue (Solaris) Post 302709119 by dhebden on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 05:18:08 PM
Old 10-02-2012
Thanks!

Thanks very much, Lem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with grep

using grep, i have a file emp.lst, and i want all those records where "S" or "s" (capital or small) is not there i used this grep emp.lst when i use grep emp.lst i am getting rows with S..but why negate (^) is not working? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soujanya_srk
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with grep

I have a file that has the following: 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 591066 100.0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep issue

The below command is not working stackmem="$(pmap $1 | grep -i '' | awk '{print $2}'| tr -d ' K')" I need to grep strictly for ----> Regards, Mohtashim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep issue

more Hello.txt it was a sunny way and i was about to go home. I need to grep and redirect to a new file all the text between 'sunny' and 'go' string above. Note: There may be multiple lines in between the string i need to grep between. If there are multiple 'go' strings it should grep till... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with grep

Hi there, I need to grep out 1 line of a changing file. Any help would be much appreciated. code: xterm -hold -e tail -f /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases | grep client-hostname &>/dev/null & The trouble is it shows the contents of the entire lease file. I just want to show the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in grep

i have following pattern in file s6:s2 s2:s4 s1:s2:s3:s4:s5:s6 s1 . . Now i want to find occurence of each record in file like s6:s2 occurs twice {once in first record and both occur in 3 record as well} so output should be s6:s2 2 s2:s4 2 s1:s2:s3:s4:s5:s6 :1 s1 : 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharad.40216
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep issue

Hi Guys, I am new to shell scripting. Need help on grep command. I had a file called file.log which contain below statements. 12 Nov 2013 14:12:17,756 INFO security - Userid: raja, Saved File Instance, Name: , Registry: 23 Nov 2013 14:14:11,777 INFO security - Userid: raja, Saved... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep issue

HI, I have a command to check a license file. License_print. In that file you get the headlines and all different licenses. Now i want to have things extracted from it. so i do like following: license_print | grep -iw -e "user" -e "admin" But i donīt want all lines where user is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzwaj
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with Grep

Hi guys, Hope someone can help me with this - I'm sure it's fairly simple but it's driving me mad! (forgive the coding - still new on scripting - come from Windows) I have the following coding for checking whether I want to include a line in a file:- EXTRACT_Date=$(date --date="${PERIOD}"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickF
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue executing grep command on Solaris

more jdbc.xml <name>Fast_ds/DataSource</name> <property> <name>user</name> <value>COL_USER</value> </property>Command 1: grep -A1 '<name>user</name>' jdbc.xml|grep -v '<name>user</name>'|sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'| sed -e 's/^*//'Output: Command 2: grep... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
SGI2TIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SGI2TIFF(1)

NAME
sgi2tiff - create a TIFF file from an SGI image file SYNOPSIS
sgi2tiff [ options ] input.rgb output.tif DESCRIPTION
sgi2tiff converts a file in the SGI image format to TIFF. By default, the TIFF image is created with data samples packed (PlanarConfigura- tion=1), compressed with the Lempel-Ziv & Welch algorithm (Compression=5), and with each strip no more than 8 kilobytes. These character- istics can overridden, or explicitly specified with the options described below. OPTIONS
-c Specify a compression scheme to use when writing image data: -c none for no compression, -c packbits for the PackBits compression algorithm), -c jpeg for the baseline JPEG compression algorithm, -c zip for the Deflate compression algorithm, and -c lzw for Lem- pel-Ziv & Welch (the default). -p Explicitly select the planar configuration used in organizing data samples in the output image: -p contig for samples packed con- tiguously, and -p separate for samples stored separately. By default samples are packed. -r Write data with a specified number of rows per strip; by default the number of rows/strip is selected so that each strip is approxi- mately 8 kilobytes. BUGS
Does not record colormap information. SEE ALSO
tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), tiffmedian(1), libtiff(3) Libtiff library home page: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/ libtiff November 2, 2005 SGI2TIFF(1)