Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Write once on NFS file system Post 302708933 by bakunin on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 12:10:30 PM
Old 10-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner123
Is it possible to assign a user write but no deletion permissions to /Xshare?. if it possible, how?
As i said above: no, this exactly is not possible.*) It is possible to come close to this the way i described above, though.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system?

Hi... Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system? If no, Why? Let me know, if any further details are required about the question. Thanks in advance Adams:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
5 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check whether file system is local or NFS?

Hi, suppose I have file system path say /foo/bar/baz then how would I find out whether it is local file system or NFS? If it is NFS then I want to find out the host where file system is located. Thanks, Paresh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masaniparesh
5 Replies

6. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

7. AIX

For NIM: NFS file system problem

hello, i am trying to export a file system so that i can mount it on NIM server and make mksysb backup of the server on that fs. i get this message: mount: 1831-011 access denied for s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus mount: 1831-008 giving up on: s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. AIX

NIM NFS file system cannot unmount

Hello, I have a script on my NIM Master that runs with crons and performs mksysb backups of all NIM Clients once a week. There is a problem with one of the clients as it stucks and never finishes the mksysb backups. I tried to unmount the NFS file system created by the NIM in order to perform... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS - concurrent write to same file normal ?

Hi all, Sorry if I sound like a novice , I have always thought that for network file system which can be shared, there will be some access restriction in which when user A is writing/editing fileA, user B is able to view the same fileA but cannot write/edit it until user A has... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)