Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multi platform script perl or awk Post 302708903 by Corona688 on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 11:37:03 AM
Old 10-02-2012
The nice thing about awk/perl is you don't actually have to make big giant do-everything regexes to handle the logic.
Code:
$ cat mmatch.awk

{ N=0 }
     (NF==3) && ($1 == "(-") && ($2 == "username") && /\)\\$/ { T=$0 ; getline; N=1 }
N && (NF==3) && ($1 == "(-") && ($2 == "username") && /\)$/ { print T; print }

$ awk -F"," -f mmatch.awk data

(-,username,domain1.co.uk)\
(-,username,domain2.co.uk)

$

Last edited by Corona688; 10-02-2012 at 12:44 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a Perl script on HPUX platform

Hi, I wish to execute a simple perl script to pass unix commands on a HPUX platform, retrieve the result and filter through the text to determine outcomes x,y and z. I am developing the code on my windows system. I initially wrote the code to issue UNIX commands line by line, however i soon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmetcalfe
1 Replies

2. Programming

Multi-platform includes?

I know that <cstudio> can also be <stdio> and can be written different ways on Linux then with windows. I've see some code doing a IFDEF __APPLE__ (I'm guessing, if compiled on a mac do whats between this) Is there one for Linux/Window? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-platform Centralized Patch Management

We have a mix of AIX, HP-UX, Linux (RHEL and SLES), and Solaris in our environment. Currently we have seperate patch management systems for each platform (NIM, SD, Spacewalk, etc), but have started looking for a centralized patch management solution that would work for most, if not all, of our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Application not working in multi core platform

Hi, I have a multiprocess C application (used POSIX library for threads and fork() & exec for creating process) of millions of LOC. 1. Which works fine in single processor machine. 2. Which works fine in multicore machine only if one core is enabled. Problem is, which results an undefined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejesh
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)