Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting arrays horizontally without END section, awk Post 302708777 by RudiC on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 08:13:24 AM
Old 10-02-2012
Without an end section it will be difficult to terminate the last line with <lf>.
Code:
sort -k1,2 -k4n inputfile|
awk     '{if ($1!=tmp) {if (NR>1) print ""; printf "%s %s", $1, $2; tmp=$1} else printf ","}
     {printf " %s %s", $3, $4}
    '
ref001, Europe, Spain, 203, Germany, 457, Belgium, 1001
ref002, America, US, 87, Canada, 234, Alaska, 652$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting rules on a text section

Hi all My text file looks like this: start doc ... (certain number of records) REC3|Emma|info| REC3|Lukas|info| REC3|Arthur|info| ... (certain number of records) end doc start doc ... (certain number of records)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get one particular section (using awk)?

Hey, I have a problem about how to get one section of a file? I'm new to shell, but by reading some tutorial, I think I can use awk to do this. my input file: >ref|ZP_04937576.1| ECRINAEDPKTFMPSPGKVKHFHAPGGNGVRVDSHLYSGYSVPPNYDSLVGKVITYGAD DEALARMRNALDELIVDGIKTNTELHKDLVRDAAFCKGGVNIHYLE... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritacc
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort each row (horizontally) in AWK or any

Hello, How to sort each row in a document with numerical values and with more than one row. Example Input data (file1.txt): 4 6 8 1 7 2 12 9 6 10 6 1 14 5 7 and I want the the output to look like this(file2.txt): 1 4 6 7 8 2 6 9 10 12 1 5 6 7 14 I've tried sort -n file1.txt >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseamck
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to get specific section of lines in logs

i have a log file that has the date and time that looks like this: Wed Jun 28 15:46:21 2012 test failed tailed passed passed not error panic what we want to focus on is the first 5 columns because they contain the date and time. the date and time can be anywhere on the line. in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Warning while sorting : A newline character was added to the end of file

Hi, I am trying to sort a csv file which has say 10 lines each line having a row size that is upto 30183 no. of COLUMNS (Row length = 30183). There is a LINE FEED (LF) at the end of each line. When I try to sort this file say, based on the second FIELD using the below command, sort -t ',' +1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DHeisenberg
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sorting blocks by a section of the identifier

I have a file that should be sorted by a string (shown in red in my example below) in the identifier. The RS is ^@M0, something like this: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCAGAAGCAGCAT... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse section of csv into array

In the awk below I am trying to parse the Sample Name below the section. The values that are extracted are read into array s(each value in a row seperated by a space) which will be used later in a bash script. The awk does execute but no values are printed. I am also not sure how to print in a row... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
CUBRID_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)						 1						 CUBRID_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)

cubrid_get_server_info - Return the CUBRID server version

SYNOPSIS
string cubrid_get_server_info (resource $conn_identifier) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a string that represents the CUBRID server version. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier -The CUBRID connection. RETURN VALUES
A string that represents the CUBRID server version; on success. FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_get_server_info(3) example <?php printf("%-30s %s ", "CUBRID PHP Version:", cubrid_version()); printf(" "); $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33088, "demodb"); if (!$conn) { die('Connect Error ('. cubrid_error_code() .')' . cubrid_error_msg()); } $db_params = cubrid_get_db_parameter($conn); while (list($param_name, $param_value) = each($db_params)) { printf("%-30s %s ", $param_name, $param_value); } printf(" "); $server_info = cubrid_get_server_info($conn); $client_info = cubrid_get_client_info(); printf("%-30s %s ", "Server Info:", $server_info); printf("%-30s %s ", "Client Info:", $client_info); printf(" "); $charset = cubrid_get_charset($conn); printf("%-30s %s ", "CUBRID Charset:", $charset); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: CUBRID PHP Version: 9.1.0.0001 PARAM_ISOLATION_LEVEL 3 LOCK_TIMEOUT -1 MAX_STRING_LENGTH 1073741823 PARAM_AUTO_COMMIT 1 Server Info: 9.1.0.0212 Client Info: 9.1.0 CUBRID Charset: iso8859-1 PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)