Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing the contents of a file in a script with added chars Post 302708675 by elixir_sinari on Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 02:56:25 AM
Old 10-02-2012
Code:
gawk '{$1=$1}1' OFS=' . ' ORS=' \\\n' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove non printing chars

How can I remove all the non printing characters from a file? I've tried using sed but I can't figure out how ! (change all but...) works with the substitute command. I know how to do it in perl but I would prefer not to use this solution. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and printing one by one contents of a file

I have a file which has following contents: localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552455.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552460.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552467.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552759.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552969.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552975.xml ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing File Contents Using AWK

I want to print the contents of a file from 2nd line to last but one line using the AWK command. I tried using the Shell Script,MyScript as fallows: MyScript: { if(NR>1) { if(NR<9) { print $0 } } } and used the commnd : awk -f MyScript Filename Note: Filename contains 9 lines text.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email if new file is added when folder is updated

Hi, I have a script which updates a repository which is run manually. When this happens either no or new files will be added to a specific folder. If there are new files that have been added, an email needs to be sent. How can i check a folder for any new files after the update repos script has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract both contents from a html file and do printing

Hi there, Print IP Address: grep 'HostID :' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | awk -F '<br>' '{print $12}' | tr -s ' ' | awk -F ':' '{print "<tr><td>" $2 "</td><td>"}' Print Respective Ports: grep 'classsubsection\|./tcp\|./udp' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | grep -v 'h2.classsubsection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Updated Forum Search Index Min Word Length to 2 Chars and Added Quick Search Bar

Today I changed the forum mysql database to permit 2 letter searches: ft_min_word_len=2 I rebuilt the mysql search indexes as well. Then, I added a "quick search bar" at the top of each page. I have tested this and two letter searches are working; but it's not perfect,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
DtEditorFormat(library call)											      DtEditorFormat(library call)

NAME
DtEditorFormat -- format all or part of the contents of a DtEditor widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Editor.h> DtEditorErrorCode DtEditorFormat( Widget widget, DtEditorFormatSettings *formatSettings, unsigned int amountToFormat); DESCRIPTION
The DtEditorFormat function formats all or part of the contents of the DtEditor widget according to the current text format settings in the Format Settings dialog. These options specify which margins and alignments (left aligned, right aligned, justified or centered) are used. Optionally, alternative settings can be passed as an argument to DtEditorFormat in a data structure. This function formats either the paragraph containing the insertion cursor or the entire contents of the DtEditor widget, depending on the value of the amountToFormat argu- ment. The Format Settings dialog is displayed with DtEditorInvokeFormatDialog(3). For a complete description of formatting and the Format Set- tings dialog, see DtEditor. The widget argument specifies the editor widget ID. The formatSettings argument specifies left margin value, right margin value and the justification style. The LeftMargin and RightMargin fields of DtEditorFormatSettings must be zero or larger. The Alignment field can have a value of DtEDITOR_ALIGN_CENTER, DtEDI- TOR_ALIGN_JUSTIFY, DtEDITOR_ALIGN_LEFT or DtEDITOR_ALIGN_RIGHT. If the formatSettings argument is NULL, DtEditorFormat uses the last format settings specified in the Format Settings dialog. When the amountToFormat argument is set to DtEDITOR_FORMAT_ALL, it reformats all the text in the edit window. When this argument is set to DtEDITOR_PARAGRAPH, only the paragraph containing the insertion cursor is formatted. For a complete definition of the DtEditor widget and its associated resources, see DtEditor(3). For a complete definition of DtEditorFormatSettings, see Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtEditorFormat function returns DtEDITOR_NO_ERRORS; otherwise, it returns one of the following values: DtEDITOR_NO_TMP_FILE The DtEditorFormat function cannot create two temporary files in the directory returned by tmpnam3S. DtEDITOR_ILLEGAL_SIZE The left or right margin values are negative. DtEDITOR_INVALID_RANGE The amountToFormat argument is not recognized. DtEDITOR_INVALID_TYPE The Alignment field is not recognized. SEE ALSO
Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5), DtEditor(3), DtEditorInvokeFormatDialog(3); tmpnam3S. DtEditorFormat(library call)