Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh file: READ (menu) but now run with option Post 302708593 by holyearth on Monday 1st of October 2012 08:53:30 PM
Old 10-01-2012
sh file: READ (menu) but now run with option

I have a script which uses READ to detect choice of menu option...now I want to change the script without doing whole rewrite such that when user runs ./script.sh 5 it would execute menu option 5 rather than user running ./script.sh waiting for it to load and then pressing "5 enter"

Is it possible to keep both functionalities (user can select from menu if no variable is passed or user can pass option upon running)....

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a main menu option?

I have created a main menu in the following way: while true; do echo " " echo "Main Menu: " echo "Please Select An Option Using The Options Provided." echo " " echo "1 - Search All Files" echo " " echo "2 - Search Individual Files" echo " " ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script: With Menu Option

I am attempting to create a shell script with the following capaciblities: 1. Listed options to choice from 2. Use to perform awk statements 3. Print a report with the awk results My questions are 1. How do I select more than one file for option #5 and #6 2. How to I create an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I add the option to change the path in a menu?

How do I add the option to change the path in a menu? I have this script. The user chooses a number and had the option of doing something, looking for log files etc. There is a possibility they might want to look at a different path other than what I have given them such as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a menu or command line option driven script?

i'm confused what this means. i was asked to design a menu or command line option driven script that reads out of a DB and displays info such as read_data.pl -u <user> -e <event> which would print commands run by <user>with the <event> in the db. any suggestions? i've been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for file read option in Unix shell scripting

Hi Friends, I would like to read all the record from one txt file to other file txt For example I have two txt file a.txt and b.txt. I need to read a.txt record by record and I need add the system date @ end of each record before moving it to b.txt. Could you please share the coding for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth124
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Add Option To Right Menu

hey all, I already installed nautilus-actions now , I want to add "print path" script(option) to the right context menu!.. I did : http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6973/59818245.png http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8758/37217230.png the script print located in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

8. Programming

Listing Option Menu Choices from Text File

Hello, I am starting up a tool and one of the initial steps is to select a site/location which is being read from a text file. Here is the text file contents: site1 site2 site3 Here is the code: #!/usr/bin/python from Tkinter import * (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Menu option each on a new line

Here is my script for the menu options. # Bash Menu Script Example PS3='Please enter your choice: ' options=("Option 1:" "Option 2:" "Other Reason:" "Quit") select opt in "${options}" do case $opt in "Option 1 :") echo "you chose choice 1" ;; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing positioning array as whiptail -- menu option

I may have asked this before, so forgive OF. Problem: I can pass positioning array as -- menu option to whiptail, but it does not show in the whiptail form as an array - only single (first member "lsusb" ) entry / line shows up. Code: DynamicEntry=$(whiptail \ --title "DEBUG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annacreek
1 Replies
SCSI_READCAP(8) 						     SG3_UTILS							   SCSI_READCAP(8)

NAME
scsi_readcap - do SCSI READ CAPACITY command on disks SYNOPSIS
scsi_readcap [--brief] [--help] [--long] [--verbose] DEVICE [DEVICE]* DESCRIPTION
This Bourne shell script calls the sg_readcap utility on each given DEVICE. This will send a SCSI READ CAPACITY command to each DEVICE. The default action of this script is to send the 10 byte cdb READ CAPACITY(10) command to each DEVICE. If a response indicates the number of blocks is greater than or equal to '2**32 - 1' then the READ CAPACITY(16) is sent and its response is output. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -b, --brief shortens the output to two hexadecimal numbers, both prefixed by '0x'. The first number is the number of blocks available and the second is the size of each blocks in bytes (e.g. '0x12a19eb0 0x200'). If an error is detected '0x0 0x0' is output and the script continues if there are more DEVICEs. -h, --help print out the usage message then exit. -l, --long the default is to send the READ CAPACITY(10) command (i.e. the 10 byte cdb variant). When this option is given the READ CAPACITY(16) command is sent. The latter command yields more information in its response. -v, --verbose increase level or verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of this script is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise the exit status is that of the last sg_readcap utility called. See the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by D. Gilbert COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
sg_readcap (sg3_utils) sg3_utils-1.28 October 2009 SCSI_READCAP(8)