Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PATH for c libraries
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PATH for c libraries Post 302708585 by yifangt on Monday 1st of October 2012 07:06:00 PM
Old 10-01-2012
Thanks rdrtx1!
Here is the message when I tried install:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ia32-libs : Depends: ia32-libs-i386 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I am aware of the whole environment is based on 64-bits system, that's why I tried to set the environment separately in my .bashrc and /etc/ld.so.conf. Is there any other way to do it? Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
APT-RDEPENDS(1) 														   APT-RDEPENDS(1)

NAME
apt-rdepends - performs recursive dependency listings similar to apt-cache SYNOPSIS
apt-rdepends [options] [pkgs ...] DESCRIPTION
apt-rdepends searches through the APT cache to find package dependencies. apt-rdepends knows how to emulate the result of calling apt- cache with both depends and dotty options. By default, apt-rdepends shows a listing of each dependency a package has. It will also look at each of these fulfilling packages, and recursively lists their dependencies. OPTIONS
-b, --build-depends Show build dependencies instead of normal package dependencies. -d, --dotty dotty takes a list of packages on the command line and generates output suitable for use by springgraph (1). The result will be a set of nodes and edges representing the relationships between the packages. By default the given packages will trace out all dependent packages which can produce a very large graph. Blue lines are pre-depends, green lines are conflicts, yellow lines are suggests, orange lines are recommends, red lines are replaces, and black lines are depends. Caution, dotty cannot graph larger sets of packages. -p, --print-state Shows the state of each dependency after each package version. See --state-follow and --state-show for why this is useful. -r, --reverse Shows the listings of each package that depends on a package. Furthermore, it will look at these dependent packages, and find their dependers. -f, --follow=DEPENDS A comma-separated list of DEPENDS types to follow recursively. By default, it only follows the Depends and PreDepends types. The possible values for DEPENDS are: Depends, PreDepends, Suggests, Recommends, Conflicts, Replaces, and Obsoletes. In --build-depends mode, the possible values are: Build-Depends, Build-Depends-Indep, Build-Conflicts, Build-Conflicts-Indep. -s, --show=DEPENDS A comma-separated list of DEPENDS types to show, when displaying a listing. By default, it only shows the Depends and PreDepends types. --state-follow=STATES --state-show=STATES These two options are similar to --follow and --show. They both deal with the current state of a package. By default, the value of STATES is Unknown, NotInstalled, UnPacked, HalfConfigured, HalfInstalled, ConfigFiles, and Installed. These options are useful, if you only want to only look at the dependencies between the Installed packages on your system. You can then call: apt-rdepends --state-follow=Installed libfoo Or if you want to only show the packages installed on your system: apt-rdepends --state-follow=Installed --state-show=Installed libfoo pkgs The list of packages on which to discover dependencies. -v, --vcg, --xvcg This option takes a list of packages on the command line and generates output suitable for use by xvcg. The result will be a set of nodes and edges representing the relationships between the packages. By default the given packages will trace out all dependent packages which can produce a very large graph. Blue lines are pre-depends, green lines are conflicts, yellow lines are suggests, orange lines are recommends, red lines are replaces, and black lines are depends. -o, --option=OPTION Set an APT Configuration Option; This will set an arbitrary configuration option. The syntax is -o Foo::Bar=bar. SEE ALSO
apt.conf(5), sources.list(5), apt-cache(8), AptPkg(3), springgraph(1) BUGS
apt-rdepends does not emulate apt-cache perfectly. It does not display information about virtual packages, nor does it know about virtual packages when it is in reverse dependency mode. apt-rdepends also does not know how to stop after a certain depth has been reached. apt-rdepends cannot do reverse build-dependencies. This is really difficult, since it would have to load the whole cache into memory before discovering which packages depend on others to build. apt-rdepends exists. This functionality should really reside in apt-cache itself. AUTHOR
apt-rdepends was written by Simon Law <sfllaw@debian.org> 1.3.0 2012-09-16 APT-RDEPENDS(1)