Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%) Post 302708435 by bartus11 on Monday 1st of October 2012 02:33:04 PM
Old 10-01-2012
From the script description:
Code:
# This is measuring reads and writes at the application level. This matches 
# read and write system calls.

Don't see anything about memory utilization there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory and CPU utilization process

Hi, I need to check which process in linux is taking high memory and which process is taking high cpu usage. Regards, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting CPU utilization and memory for a process

I am trying to get cpu util and memory occupied for a process. I use these (I am showing output also): using top ---------- $ top p 25272 d 5 top - 01:52:17 up 2 days, 21:28, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06 Tasks: 1 total, 0 running, 1 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to find and kill a process with high memory utilization

Hi Unix Gurus i am somewhat new to unix scripting so need your help to create a script as below. # This script would find the process consuming memory beyond a certain #limit. if the meemory consumption is more than 100% for a period of 1 # minute for the specific process. the script would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinforlinux
0 Replies

4. SuSE

How to check Memory Utilization by each process

If following is the usage of cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 4051304 kB MemFree: 28544 kB Buffers: 216848 kB Cached: 3398628 kB SwapCached: 0 kB Active: 455460 kB Inactive: 3291612 kB HighTotal: 0 kB HighFree: 0 kB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
5 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to monitor a process memory utilization?

hi frnds, I want to monitor a particular process very closly on how much memory it is taking. i tried with TOP and PRSTAT commands that is not giving what exactly i need. In my application, there is a memory leak happening, i want to know when it is occuering, means which transcation is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

9. Solaris

High Memory Utilization

Hello Guys, I have one Solaris server with high memory utilization >90%. As per checking, below is the output for memory usage. bash-3.00# ps -efo pmem,uid,pid,ppid,pcpu,comm | sort -r %MEM UID PID PPID %CPU COMMAND 1.7 29496 20668 1 0.0 /opt/app/iw-home/tools/java/bin/java 1.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX server showing high memory utilization

Hi All, I am using HP-UX 11i v1(B11.11) servers for my work and its memory (RAM) utilization is consistenly 80% for the last one year. Though I am not facing any issues with this high memory utilization I just want to know the below queries: 1) Is it the default behavior of HP-UX systems? 2)... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
20 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)