Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%) Post 302708427 by solaris_user on Monday 1st of October 2012 02:12:14 PM
Old 10-01-2012
Look here, it is a Dtrace script which will allow you tu examine allocation of your memory

http://www.brendangregg.com/DTrace/rwtop

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory and CPU utilization process

Hi, I need to check which process in linux is taking high memory and which process is taking high cpu usage. Regards, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting CPU utilization and memory for a process

I am trying to get cpu util and memory occupied for a process. I use these (I am showing output also): using top ---------- $ top p 25272 d 5 top - 01:52:17 up 2 days, 21:28, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06 Tasks: 1 total, 0 running, 1 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to find and kill a process with high memory utilization

Hi Unix Gurus i am somewhat new to unix scripting so need your help to create a script as below. # This script would find the process consuming memory beyond a certain #limit. if the meemory consumption is more than 100% for a period of 1 # minute for the specific process. the script would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinforlinux
0 Replies

4. SuSE

How to check Memory Utilization by each process

If following is the usage of cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 4051304 kB MemFree: 28544 kB Buffers: 216848 kB Cached: 3398628 kB SwapCached: 0 kB Active: 455460 kB Inactive: 3291612 kB HighTotal: 0 kB HighFree: 0 kB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
5 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to monitor a process memory utilization?

hi frnds, I want to monitor a particular process very closly on how much memory it is taking. i tried with TOP and PRSTAT commands that is not giving what exactly i need. In my application, there is a memory leak happening, i want to know when it is occuering, means which transcation is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

9. Solaris

High Memory Utilization

Hello Guys, I have one Solaris server with high memory utilization >90%. As per checking, below is the output for memory usage. bash-3.00# ps -efo pmem,uid,pid,ppid,pcpu,comm | sort -r %MEM UID PID PPID %CPU COMMAND 1.7 29496 20668 1 0.0 /opt/app/iw-home/tools/java/bin/java 1.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX server showing high memory utilization

Hi All, I am using HP-UX 11i v1(B11.11) servers for my work and its memory (RAM) utilization is consistenly 80% for the last one year. Though I am not facing any issues with this high memory utilization I just want to know the below queries: 1) Is it the default behavior of HP-UX systems? 2)... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
20 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)