Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How i use pointer as a string in c programing? Post 302708385 by amisubha on Monday 1st of October 2012 12:31:15 PM
Old 10-01-2012
check out with this code...

Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<string.h>
void print(char *);
int main()
{
	char s[10];
	scanf("%s",s);
	print(s);
	return 0;
}	
void print(char *s1)
{
	printf("%s",s1);

}

it will work in any platform..

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-01-2012 at 05:35 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

crontab programing

How can program at crontab dayly each 30 minut (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petroleo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Programing (need help)

plx help to solve these problems?? 1. Create a HERE document which will edit multiple files in the same directory, using the ed editor. I give you 3 original files: file1.c , file2.c , file3.c, download them and change each string "stdio.h" to "STDIO.H" in these files. Note: when execute the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoCalledEngr
1 Replies

3. Programming

String and pointer problem

i am having a string like " X1 " ---> string lenght is 30 I have stored this to a chararry . ref so here ref = " X1 " now i trim the left space by my function . Si the string now becomes "X1 " ---> string lenght is 15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programing...

Hi... i need to write a shell script wich shows the full name and station of every logged user in the system. pls help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: relu89
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Netork programing

Hello experts, please help me as i want to learn the networking concepts in details , as i come know Unix network programming by Richard Stevens volume 1,2 is good please any of you downloaded the Free PDF version of it please direct m e as i want to download these books or the pdf form of it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

7. Programming

segfault in pointer to string program

hello all, my question is not about How code can be rewritten, i just wanna know even though i am not using read only memory of C (i have declared str) why this function gives me segfault :wall:and the other code executes comfortably though both code uses same pointer arithmetic. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting vowels in string. "Comparison pointer-integer".

I'm trying to write a programme which scans strings to find how many vowels they contain. I get an error saying that I'm trying to compare a pointer and an integer inif(*v == scanme){. How can I overcome this ? Also, the programme seems to scan only the first word of a string e.g.: if I type "abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fakuse
1 Replies

9. Programming

Scanf() string pointer problem

I have a problem with scanf() for string pointer as member of a struct. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct Student { int studentNumber; int phoneNumber; char *studentName; //line 7 // char studentName; //line 8 }; int... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies

10. Programming

String pointer does not work

Hello, I am trying to reverse complement one string and reverse another (NO complement!), both with pointer. My code compiled without error, but did not do the job I wanted. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <zlib.h> #include "kseq.h" // STEP 1: declare the type of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies
WebService::CIA::Parser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      WebService::CIA::Parser(3pm)

NAME
WebService::CIA::Parser - Parse pages from the CIA World Factbook SYNOPSIS
use WebService::CIA::Parser; my $parser = WebService::CIA::Parser->new; my $data = $parser->parse($string); DESCRIPTION
WebService::CIA::Parser takes a string of HTML and parses it. It will only give sensible output if the string is the HTML for a page whose URL matches "https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/[a-z]{2}.html" This parsing is somewhat fragile, since it assumes a certain page structure. It'll work just as long as the CIA don't choose to alter their pages. METHODS
"new" Creates a new WebService::CIA::Parser object. It takes no arguments. "parse($html)" Parses a string of HTML take from the CIA World Factbook. It takes a single string as its argument and returns a hashref of fields and values. The values are stripped of all HTML. "<br>" tags are replaced by newlines. It also creates four extra fields: "URL", "URL - Print", "URL - Flag", and "URL - Map" which are the URLs of the country's Factbook page, the printable version of that page, a GIF map of the country, and a GIF flag of the country respectively. EXAMPLE
use WebService::CIA::Parser; use LWP::Simple qw(get); $html = get( "https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/uk.html" ); $parser = WebService::CIA::Parser->new; $data = $parser->parse($html); print $data->{"Population"}; AUTHOR
Ian Malpass (ian-cpan@indecorous.com) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2007, Ian Malpass This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The CIA World Factbook's copyright information page (<https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/docs/contributor_copy- right.html>) states: The Factbook is in the public domain. Accordingly, it may be copied freely without permission of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). SEE ALSO
WebService::CIA perl v5.8.8 2008-02-04 WebService::CIA::Parser(3pm)