Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing procedure using script Post 302708299 by sv0081493 on Monday 1st of October 2012 11:01:21 AM
Old 10-01-2012
Executing procedure using script

Hi,

I want to have a automted script to exceute 20 procedures one by one.
Suppose below is one procedure once it get executed script will write
"PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." to a log

for ex-
Code:
exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats();

Now later procedure starts executing only when previous one gets completed.
Can it be possible to have such script

Your prompt help would be much appreciated.
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please do not use odd fonts, just code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling procedure from script

Hi All, My script will call a storedprocedure #!/bin/bash # # Script for ........... . ../conf/setting.env # Environment file to set the DATABASE #TODAY=`date '+%Y%m%d_%H'` #echo TODAY = $TODAY sqlplus -s $DATABASE <<EOF spool $TRACKING_LOGDIR/CalcFreqPgsVues_H.log exec... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting proper o/p from a procedure in a script

foll. is my code snippet. #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE CHAR; BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle procedure is not executing in uix

Hi Guys, I am trying to tun a oracle proedure throgh unix shell script but it is not running i dont know why ? i have tested this procedure in sqlplus and it was working fine. can you see the script and sql file and let me know where is my mistake. script:bm_chart_table_loading.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Procedure from shell script..

Hello, I created a sql file to create a Procedure, and it was successfully created. I created a sql file to execute the procedure, and it did without any errors, but i dont see the data been updated. The Execute procedure.sql script is: BEGIN set serveroutput on size 1000000 execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing oracle procedure using cronjob

Hi, Below is the code to execute the procedure "dbms_job.broken" from the shell script. on executing manually, it works properly without any error. but it is not working when scheduled using the cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash user_name="oracdb" password="ora123" tns="localdb"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with procedure and parameters in a script

Hi, I'm trying to create a procedure within my script and what I want is something like: myproc () { PARM1=value after -t PARM2=value after -y } myproc -t "PARM1 Value" -y "PARM2 Value" Of course that won't work since there's no such command as "value after -t". But this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SP2-0642 error while executing procedure from shell script

hi all, i have a unix script where i am calling a database procedure from it. while executing the procedure i am getting an error: but when i tried to call the same procedure manually then it ran successfully, i goggled this issue and found timezone.dat file missing at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub script calling procedure

Hi, I have a doubt regarding how sub scripts will be executed and interested to know internal workflow, For example - My main script is A,it calls a script B then B will call some C....and so on. Then B script run parallel to A or it will wait B to execute then A will continue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies
uplevel(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							uplevel(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uplevel - Execute a script in a different stack frame SYNOPSIS
uplevel ?level? arg ?arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
All of the arg arguments are concatenated as if they had been passed to concat; the result is then evaluated in the variable context indi- cated by level. Uplevel returns the result of that evaluation. If level is an integer then it gives a distance (up the procedure calling stack) to move before executing the command. If level consists of # followed by a number then the number gives an absolute level number. If level is omitted then it defaults to 1. Level cannot be defaulted if the first command argument starts with a digit or #. For example, suppose that procedure a was invoked from top-level, and that it called b, and that b called c. Suppose that c invokes the uplevel command. If level is 1 or #2 or omitted, then the command will be executed in the variable context of b. If level is 2 or #1 then the command will be executed in the variable context of a. If level is 3 or #0 then the command will be executed at top-level (only global variables will be visible). The uplevel command causes the invoking procedure to disappear from the procedure calling stack while the command is being executed. In the above example, suppose c invokes the command uplevel 1 {set x 43; d} where d is another Tcl procedure. The set command will modify the variable x in b's context, and d will execute at level 3, as if called from b. If it in turn executes the command uplevel {set x 42} then the set command will modify the same variable x in b's context: the procedure c does not appear to be on the call stack when d is executing. The info level command may be used to obtain the level of the current procedure. Uplevel makes it possible to implement new control constructs as Tcl procedures (for example, uplevel could be used to implement the while construct as a Tcl procedure). The namespace eval and apply commands offer other ways (besides procedure calls) that the Tcl naming context can change. They add a call frame to the stack to represent the namespace context. This means each namespace eval command counts as another call level for uplevel and upvar commands. For example, info level 1 will return a list describing a command that is either the outermost procedure call or the out- ermost namespace eval command. Also, uplevel #0 evaluates a script at top-level in the outermost namespace (the global namespace). EXAMPLE
As stated above, the uplevel command is useful for creating new control constructs. This example shows how (without error handling) it can be used to create a do command that is the counterpart of while except for always performing the test after running the loop body: proc do {body while condition} { if {$while ne "while"} { error "required word missing" } set conditionCmd [list expr $condition] while {1} { uplevel 1 $body if {![uplevel 1 $conditionCmd]} { break } } } SEE ALSO
apply(n), namespace(n), upvar(n) KEYWORDS
context, level, namespace, stack frame, variables Tcl uplevel(n)