Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382 Post 302708297 by msabhi on Monday 1st of October 2012 11:01:19 AM
Old 10-01-2012
I got you guys pamu and lancesunny Smilie
my vision Smilie

Lancesunny : I have updated new untested code in my previous post...Can you please check once..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

[[ $(date +%Y) == 2007 ]] && echo "Happy New Year"

Same as the Title! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace "\&" with "&"?

I want to remove the backslash in the front of &, and want to use gsub, how to do that? echo "Free \& Long" | awk '{gsub(/\\&/, "&"); print}' This one is not working, and I think it takes the second "&" in gsub as the substitute of "\\&". Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does this really mean? "tty -s && stty istrip"

I am having hard time understanding what this really do to the environment? I do understand this part "tty -s && stty " but not "istrip" # stty command is executed only if a tty is attached to the process. # stty istrip : Strip input characters to 7 bits tty -s && stty istrip I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace """ with "&"

I'm trying to replace the string """ with "&". I have tried this: echo """ | sed 's/"/&/g' Is it impossible for sed and awk to output "&"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dashes if exist between positions 351-357 and then add - at the 357th position

I need to remove dash (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357, and then add - (dash) at 357th position. For example in following first and 3rd record we got Before processing 1) 1st Record positions 351-357 = 0-12345 2) 3rd Record positions 351-357 = 00-4567 After processing:- 1) 1st... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)