Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: random number
Top Forums Programming random number Post 302708277 by Homa on Monday 1st of October 2012 10:34:28 AM
Old 10-01-2012
random number

How can I choose randomly the row numbers of my file in awk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to generate a random number?

How to generate a random integer with specific range(for example, from 1 to 1000)? Also, how to convert a floating point number into a integer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
2 Replies

2. Programming

Random number generation

Hi...How can I generate random numbers between a given range ...preferably between 1 and 100...in UNIX C programming...? I tried out functions like rand(),drand48() etc but didnt get satisfactory results... Thanks a lot in advance.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Random Number Genration

HI please help me in solving this issue. I have a shell script which consists of ten statemnts ( i mean 10 executable statments)...........and if i run that script the 10 statmenst will execute continously ............ But now my probelm is i have to write another script --> to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitka
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: random number between 1-10

How do I create a random number between 1 and 10 in kornshell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

5. Programming

C Help; generating a random number.

Im new to C, and Im having a hard time getting a random number. In bash, I would do something similar to the following to get a random number; #!/bin/bash seed1=$RANDOM seed2=$RANDOM seed3=$RANDOM SEED=`expr $seed1 * $seed2 / $seed3` echo ${SEED%.*} Now, in online examples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

6. Programming

Random number is not reused

I need to generate and reuse a 5 digit random number every time my program is executed. But the following generates random numbers every time the function is called. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
12 Replies

7. Programming

Generate random number

I saw this formula to generate random number between two specified values in shell script.the following. $(((RANDOM%(max-min+divisibleBy))/divisibleBy*divisibleBy+min)) Give a example in book. Generate random number between 6 and 30.like this. $(((RANDOM%30/3+1)*3)) But I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luoluo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random pieces of number

Hello folks, i have number for example 10 and i want to divide into 4 random pieces that may be (6+2+1+1). How can i do this via script i have random number 234951 and i want to divide into 31 pieces. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create random number

Hi, I'm trying to create a script that will print random numbers with length of three. Below is the expected out. 928-377-899 942-458-310 951-948-511 962-681-415 995-161-708 997-997-209 thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Random Number in certain range

Hi there I am trying to generate a random number between 40 and 70 using the shell here is my code so far and it keeps going above 70. all help much appreciated! comp=$(( RANDOM%70+40 )) echo $comp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faintingquiche
4 Replies
DBLINK_BUILD_SQL_UPDATE(3)				  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation				DBLINK_BUILD_SQL_UPDATE(3)

NAME
dblink_build_sql_update - builds an UPDATE statement using a local tuple, replacing the primary key field values with alternative supplied values SYNOPSIS
dblink_build_sql_update(text relname, int2vector primary_key_attnums, integer num_primary_key_atts, text[] src_pk_att_vals_array, text[] tgt_pk_att_vals_array) returns text DESCRIPTION
dblink_build_sql_update can be useful in doing selective replication of a local table to a remote database. It selects a row from the local table based on primary key, and then builds a SQL UPDATE command that will duplicate that row, but with the primary key values replaced by the values in the last argument. (To make an exact copy of the row, just specify the same values for the last two arguments.) The UPDATE command always assigns all fields of the row -- the main difference between this and dblink_build_sql_insert is that it's assumed that the target row already exists in the remote table. ARGUMENTS
relname Name of a local relation, for example foo or myschema.mytab. Include double quotes if the name is mixed-case or contains special characters, for example "FooBar"; without quotes, the string will be folded to lower case. primary_key_attnums Attribute numbers (1-based) of the primary key fields, for example 1 2. num_primary_key_atts The number of primary key fields. src_pk_att_vals_array Values of the primary key fields to be used to look up the local tuple. Each field is represented in text form. An error is thrown if there is no local row with these primary key values. tgt_pk_att_vals_array Values of the primary key fields to be placed in the resulting UPDATE command. Each field is represented in text form. RETURN VALUE
Returns the requested SQL statement as text. NOTES
As of PostgreSQL 9.0, the attribute numbers in primary_key_attnums are interpreted as logical column numbers, corresponding to the column's position in SELECT * FROM relname. Previous versions interpreted the numbers as physical column positions. There is a difference if any column(s) to the left of the indicated column have been dropped during the lifetime of the table. EXAMPLES
SELECT dblink_build_sql_update('foo', '1 2', 2, '{"1", "a"}', '{"1", "b"}'); dblink_build_sql_update ------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATE foo SET f1='1',f2='b',f3='1' WHERE f1='1' AND f2='b' (1 row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DBLINK_BUILD_SQL_UPDATE(3)