Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382 Post 302708259 by lancesunny on Monday 1st of October 2012 10:10:20 AM
Old 10-01-2012
The OS used is redhat linux and every record length = is 421. We are using bash shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

[[ $(date +%Y) == 2007 ]] && echo "Happy New Year"

Same as the Title! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace "\&" with "&"?

I want to remove the backslash in the front of &, and want to use gsub, how to do that? echo "Free \& Long" | awk '{gsub(/\\&/, "&"); print}' This one is not working, and I think it takes the second "&" in gsub as the substitute of "\\&". Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does this really mean? "tty -s && stty istrip"

I am having hard time understanding what this really do to the environment? I do understand this part "tty -s && stty " but not "istrip" # stty command is executed only if a tty is attached to the process. # stty istrip : Strip input characters to 7 bits tty -s && stty istrip I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace """ with "&"

I'm trying to replace the string """ with "&". I have tried this: echo """ | sed 's/"/&/g' Is it impossible for sed and awk to output "&"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dashes if exist between positions 351-357 and then add - at the 357th position

I need to remove dash (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357, and then add - (dash) at 357th position. For example in following first and 3rd record we got Before processing 1) 1st Record positions 351-357 = 0-12345 2) 3rd Record positions 351-357 = 00-4567 After processing:- 1) 1st... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)