Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting guide needed to combine 2 variables Post 302708063 by pamu on Monday 1st of October 2012 03:34:29 AM
Old 10-01-2012
try this..

Code:
echo eqpt_list_QC_"$terminalc"T_"$readNOW"

and you can use $readTerminal directly.. no need to define another variable..

Code:
echo eqpt_list_QC_"$readTerminal"T_"$readNOW"

This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in processing multiple variables in a single sed command.

Is it possible to process multiple variables in a single sed command? I have the following ksh with three variables and I want to search for all variables which start with "var" inside input.txt. I tired "$var$" but it just prints out everyting in input.txt and does not work. $ more test.ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to combine files to excel sheet

Hi, I have several hundreds of text files which I would like to combine them onto excel sheet. Does anyone know how to combine them into different excel sheet in one workbook using Bash script? Please advise. THanks. I forgot to mention my file is something like below:- A B ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : combine 3 variables into 1

Within one of my awk scripts, I have three variables extracted and calculated on. When done, I simply want to combine the three. The following works, but looks weird. My script reads a field that has text and numbers, knowing the last four comprise MMYY (month and year) # YY are last two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine variables in one

Within one of my scripts, I have variables extracted from parameters list and want to combine some of them in one (lpath). I tried using awk command..... How do I get it? Thank you. #!/bin/bash # ## Read paramlist.txt file='/name1/name2/paramlist.txt' while read line do # key= echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in perl; moving or copying the variables

Hi All, I have a perl script blc.pl; i have five variables a,b,c,d and e in this script. Now I want to copy the values of these variables into a data file,say abc.dat.. Can anybody please tell me how to do this? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkanchi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me please

Hi All, I am kinda struck at one point :wall: need ur help to move further. Query: My inputs files are Expected output: I am sure there should be similar tread relating my query ..but as i couldnt find the details i am posting again. Please direct me to the tread or reply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unibeginner
1 Replies

8. Programming

sql guide needed

SQL> select 2 distinct qc_m|| ',' || 3 to_char(logon_dt, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')|| ',' || 4 CASE WHEN logon_dt IS NOT NULL THEN 'LOGON' ELSE 'LOGOFF' END 5 from qc_ct2 qc left join v_tls_equipment_logon tls on qc.qc_m=tls.equipment_id where 6 qc.terminal_c='T'and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two lists of variables

Thanks in advance for any advice and help. I have two lists of variables that I want to put into nested for loops. for x in 1 2 3 do for y in a b c do The output I want is: filepath/1/ command modified by a filepath/2/ command modified by b filepath/3/ command modified by c To... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wheyhamp
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed: UNIX shell variables to store Oracle table records

Hello Folks, I'm working on a requirement to automate the process of generating report(csv file) using metadata info stored in an Oracle table and E-mail it to respective people. Meta data table: Report_ID,Report_SUB_ID,Report_DB,Report_SQL,Report_to_email_Id 1,1,DEV,'select * From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)