Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Problem Executing "lvcreate" Command Post 302708015 by mojoman on Sunday 30th of September 2012 10:46:11 PM
Old 09-30-2012
Code:
[root@speed-daemon ~]# pvs
  PV         VG      Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree 
  /dev/sda2  vg_os   lvm2 a--   29.28g     0 
  /dev/sda3  vg_os   lvm2 a--    9.75g     0 
  /dev/sdb1  vg_data lvm2 a--  199.97g  4.69g
  /dev/sdb2  vg_data lvm2 a--   97.62g 97.62g
[root@speed-daemon ~]# vgs
  VG      #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree  
  vg_data   2   1   0 wz--n- 297.59g 102.31g
  vg_os     2   3   0 wz--n-  39.03g      0 
[root@speed-daemon ~]# lvs
  LV      VG      Attr     LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  lv00    vg_data -wi-ao-- 195.28g                                           
  lv_home vg_os   -wi-ao--  19.25g                                           
  lv_root vg_os   -wi-ao--  10.00g                                           
  lv_swap vg_os   -wi-ao--   9.78g                                           
[root@mohit-speed-daemon ~]#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem executing awk in shell "not found"

Hello, The INPUT file a.txt contains this a a a b b b I'm trying to execute this shell script from the Unix Command Line like this: ./k.sh a.txt > newfile.txt #!/usr/bin/sh infile="$1" awk '{print $0;}' < $infile I get this error message on the command line: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "find" and "grep" command

I want to list all files/lines which except those which contain the pattern ' /proc/' OR ' /sys/' (mind the leading blank). In a first approach I coded: find / -exec ls -ld {} | grep -v ' /proc/| /sys/' \; > /tmp/list.txt But this doesn't work. I got an error (under Ubuntu): grep:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies
DAEMON(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 DAEMON(3)

NAME
daemon - run in the background SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int daemon(int nochdir, int noclose); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): daemon(): _BSD_SOURCE || (_XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE < 500) DESCRIPTION
The daemon() function is for programs wishing to detach themselves from the controlling terminal and run in the background as system dae- mons. If nochdir is zero, daemon() changes the calling process's current working directory to the root directory ("/"); otherwise, the current working directory is left unchanged. If noclose is zero, daemon() redirects standard input, standard output and standard error to /dev/null; otherwise, no changes are made to these file descriptors. RETURN VALUE
(This function forks, and if the fork(2) succeeds, the parent calls _exit(2), so that further errors are seen by the child only.) On suc- cess daemon() returns zero. If an error occurs, daemon() returns -1 and sets errno to any of the errors specified for the fork(2) and set- sid(2). CONFORMING TO
Not in POSIX.1-2001. A similar function appears on the BSDs. The daemon() function first appeared in 4.4BSD. NOTES
The glibc implementation can also return -1 when /dev/null exists but is not a character device with the expected major and minor numbers. In this case errno need not be set. SEE ALSO
fork(2), setsid(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2009-12-05 DAEMON(3)