Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Need help with a Perl Script using Pop, Shift, & Push Post 302707499 by Hax0rc1ph3r on Friday 28th of September 2012 04:57:21 PM
Old 09-28-2012
Corona688,

Thank you! That has been a great help to getting the start that I needed. I had worked with splitting the original array, but then had my loops becoming way too complicated and then they weren't running correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shift and push question in perl

hi, another perl question, I don't understand the below while (<FILE>) { push @last5, $_; #add to the end shift @last5 if @last5 > 5 ; #take from the beginning } can someone please explain to me how does shift @last5 if @last5 > 5 is taking last 5 lines from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search & replace password perl script

I wanted a perl script to be done for Password search & replace in two files. For Example: Example 1)--i am having a file such as cat /opt/customer/Ariba/UAT/ariba/app/buyer/Server/config/Parameters.table Example 2)--and i am having a other file in other location such as cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscript22
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - if conditions is meet, push the last field of $_ into an array

I am using a seed file shown below to separate cisco devices by ios/os type. I want to bunch all the devices based on ios/os version. Once I find a match, I only want to push the ip address into the appropriate array. Example of seedfile 8 host1 (C3500XL-C3H2S-M) 11.0(5)WC17 10.1.44.21 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift Question (Perl)

I am attempting to write a script that reads each line of a file into a separate array and does some work on it then puts it all back together and I think I need to use the 'shift()' command to read each line into its own array, but I need help nesting it into a while loop (while not eof) So... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifeatu
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, push to hash of array problem

$key = "a"; $value = "hello"; %myhash = {} ; push @{ myHash{$key} }, $hello; print $myHash{$key}."\n"; this script prints "hello" but has following error message. Reference found where even-sized list expected at ./test line 5. can any one help me to fix this problem?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

push and pop directories and subdirectories

I need to use pushd and popd to navigate all of the subdirectories in my current directory. I know how to get into each subdirectory, add it to the stack, and pop back out, but i cant figure out how to get into subdirectories deeper than the first without adding a foreach and if statement for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollie88r
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a push script from NIS

Hi guys, can we get a pushed script for every NIS client like a policy.? I need to set a symbolic links for for every client. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pianz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on a script to push files once a day

Hello! Please I need some help on writing a script to push files from one server to the other once a day, everyday. I know that I can use this script on a crontab to send the files , but I am not sure how to start writing it, the actual script. I could start by declaring some variables: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. Web Development

Pop up confirmation box / perl cgi

Hi, I need to add confirmation pop up msg box before deleting the record from database, I have added following snippets to my code but its not working for me, your help will be much appreciated : print header; print <<EOF; <script type="text/javascript"> function confirmOk() { return... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Push Files

Hey Guys, Thanks for always being helpful, I have another issue that I need a little insight on how to fix. See the below script I have and the error I get. I don't understand why it does that, am I not using the continue correctly? #!/bin/bash -x # @(#) File: filepush.sh #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies
FindBin(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FindBin(3pm)

NAME
FindBin - Locate directory of original perl script SYNOPSIS
use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; or use FindBin qw($Bin); use lib "$Bin/../lib"; DESCRIPTION
Locates the full path to the script bin directory to allow the use of paths relative to the bin directory. This allows a user to setup a directory tree for some software with directories "<root>/bin" and "<root>/lib", and then the above example will allow the use of modules in the lib directory without knowing where the software tree is installed. If perl is invoked using the -e option or the perl script is read from "STDIN" then FindBin sets both $Bin and $RealBin to the current directory. EXPORTABLE VARIABLES
$Bin - path to bin directory from where script was invoked $Script - basename of script from which perl was invoked $RealBin - $Bin with all links resolved $RealScript - $Script with all links resolved KNOWN ISSUES
If there are two modules using "FindBin" from different directories under the same interpreter, this won't work. Since "FindBin" uses a "BEGIN" block, it'll be executed only once, and only the first caller will get it right. This is a problem under mod_perl and other persistent Perl environments, where you shouldn't use this module. Which also means that you should avoid using "FindBin" in modules that you plan to put on CPAN. To make sure that "FindBin" will work is to call the "again" function: use FindBin; FindBin::again(); # or FindBin->again; In former versions of FindBin there was no "again" function. The workaround was to force the "BEGIN" block to be executed again: delete $INC{'FindBin.pm'}; require FindBin; AUTHORS
FindBin is supported as part of the core perl distribution. Please send bug reports to <perlbug@perl.org> using the perlbug program included with perl. Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 Graham Barr & Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 FindBin(3pm)