Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] need to convert decimal to integer Post 302707281 by katakamvivek on Friday 28th of September 2012 10:01:08 AM
Old 09-28-2012
ya i tried..
i a getting different answer as 1040187392

---------- Post updated at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ----------

its working thanks...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: How do I ADD non-integer (decimal) values?

I am trying to create a script that will read from a file two non-integer values (decimals) and add those values together. For example, I want to add 1.51 and -2.37 together and get the sum. Any ideas? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limshady411
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare integer value with decimal

Hi all, I have a issue... Is it possible to compare integer value with decimal value. If it is not possible,then how can i compare 2 decimal values in born shell.thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a decimal into integer

Hi all, I'm trying to convert a decimal number into an integer number; I'm doing this: n=`echo |awk '{ print "'"$mem"'"*10}'` where the variable mem is equal to 3.7 I'd like to obtain 37, but the expression above gives me 30. Help please!!!! thx a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to integer

The shell mentioned below will show a warning if the page takes more than 6 seconds to load. The problem is that myduration variable is not an integer. How do I convert it to integer? myduration=$(curl http://192.168.50.1/mantisbt/view.php?id=1 -w %{time_total}) > /dev/null ; ] && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare decimal and integer values in if in bash shell

i need to do camparisions like the below. For the case when first=10 and second=9.9 the scripts displays process failed. I need to be able to convert the values to integer before doing the comparision. Like 9.9 should be rounded over to 10 before doing comparision. Please advice how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

truncate string to integer or decimal

From strings stored in variables, I need to isolate and use the first numerical value contained within them. I will need to know how to produce an integer as well as a floating point decimal. It needs to work on any string regardless of what types of characters (if any) are preceding or following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradlecat
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexa decimal to decimal

Hi, I want to convert two hexadecimal numbers to decimal using unix command line. 1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698 fc8f99ac06e88c4faf669cf366f60d I tried using `echo "ibase=16; $no |bc` printf '%x\n' "1cce446295197a9d6352f9f223a9b698" but it doesn't work for such big number it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
4 Replies

8. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column value can be Two integer post decimal or blank

Hi Experts, Need your advice. I have a csv file in which column value can contain two integer post decimal(like 1.00, 13.00,12.15, 2.43) or blank. Tried the below code but not working. awk -F "|" '{ if ($39 !~ /^+\.{2}$ || $39 != "") {print "165: Quantity decimal values are not correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the constant e to 14+ decimal places using integer maths.

Hi guys... I am loving this integer maths thing. 64 bit systems are certainly easier than 32 bit, but hey, I don't intend to leave out my fav' platform. Using one of the 'Brothers' methods, URL inside the code. #!/bin/sh # # #!/usr/local/bin/dash # e_constant.sh # Brother's formula . #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)