Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering and formatting the output Post 302706995 by kamauv234 on Thursday 27th of September 2012 08:46:23 PM
Old 09-27-2012
Thanks all for the reply !!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

my script is as follows cnt=`ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` cnt2=`ps -ef |grep tns|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` if then if then rman target/ catalog recdb/recdb@recdb cmdfile report_need_backup.sql > report_need_backup.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swkambli
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix". /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login /opt/home/security/.k5login /opt/home/noc/.k5login what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering out certain output

hi guys, i have a long output and cant figure out a flexible way to show the meta members from a device. please help. some device have 2,4 or 8 meta members but for this example i have 4 meta members, what is a flexible way to pull them out from this output? need your inputs thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Output Filtering

Hi, I have this command on my linux jmap -heap $pid | grep '%\|:' the output of which is like below: I need a smart way to check if any of these memory usage crosses 95%, 90% and 85% i need to triggerAlert accordingly. I know how to trigger email alerts however I need a good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
HSCOLOUR(1)							   User Commands						       HSCOLOUR(1)

NAME
HsColour - generate colourised output for Haskell code SYNOPSIS
HsColour options [file.hs] DESCRIPTION
HsColour is a program that colourises Haskell code. It currently has six output formats: ANSI terminal codes, HTML 3.2 with <font> tags, HTML 4.01 with CSS, XHTML 1.0 with inline CSS styling, LaTeX, and mIRC chat client codes. Flag reference: -version Print out version information. -help A rudimentary help message. -oOUTPUT Write the output to the specified file. -tty Write output with ANSI terminal code colours (this is the default). -html Write output in HTML 3.2 format with font tags. -css Write output in HTML 4.01 format with CSS styling. -icss Write output in XHTML 1.0 format with inline CSS styling. -latex Write output as LaTeX source code. -mirc Output for IRC. -lit When outputting HTML etc, inform HsColour that the input Haskell code is Literate Haskell. -lit-tex When outputting LaTeX, inform HsColour that the input Haskell code is Literate Haskell. -anchor In HTML mode add named anchors. -partial Create output fragments (ie omit the HTML DOCTYPE header, CSS stylesheet link, or LaTeX prologue) for embedding in a larger docu- ment. -print-css Print out the default CSS definitions, in case you lose the .css file. -nolit Turn off -lit mode. -noanchor Turn off -anchor mode. -nopartial Turn off -partial mode. The HsColour homepage is at http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/hscolour/ . COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2009 Malcolm Wallace and Bjorn Bringert This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING. AUTHOR
The text for this page was constructed from HsColour's main web page by Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd@mega-nerd.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). HsColour July 2009 HSCOLOUR(1)