Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep with date & unique output Post 302706823 by babom on Thursday 27th of September 2012 12:28:09 PM
Old 09-27-2012
Try this
Code:
 egrep  -B 1 ORA-3136 alert.log

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat output with date & timestamp

Hello all This is a sample vmstat output ... $ vmstat 2 2 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr hx hx hx hx in sy cs us sy id 1 0 0 23105784 7810488 323 767 1742 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 683 780 457 43 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique number for a date

Hello, In korn-shell, how can I do to have an unique number for a date done. I want to use it to have the number of days between two dates. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get part of file with unique & non-unique string

I have an archive file that holds a batch of statements. I would like to be able to extract a certain statement based on the unique customer # (ie. 123456). The end for each statement is noted by "ENDSTM". I can find the line number for the beginning of the statement section with sed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - date & time range

Hi, I need to search email files by date & time range in email files. The timezone is not important. Can someone plz advise how i can do this ? For e.g A user can specify only A single date A date range date & time range Below is part of the email file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Unique

Hello, I have a file with a list of car makes and specific information for each make. An example is: @Audi:Warranty @Audi:Pricing @Audi:Colors @Acura:Warranty @Acura:Pricing @Acura:Colors and so on through a bunch of makes. I need to make a list in a selection box of just one name of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macbb1117
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine 2 files and output the unique & difference?

Hi Guys, I have two input files and I want to combine them and get the unique values and differences and put them into one file. See below desired output file. Inputfile1: 1111111 2222222 3333333 7860068 7860069 7860071 7860072 Inputfile2: 4444444 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep a range of time & date

how can i grep a range? i have a text file with the following text: result.log.00:2012/01/02 12:00:07.422 LOG STARTED HERE N6Kashya29MemoryShieldScheduler_AO_IMPLE, pid=8662/8658, config=(alertThreshold=10,alertLevel=0,killThreshold=7200,coreThreshold=0,full=1), deltaTime=0,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boaz733
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep & sed - Output

Hi All, Facing an issue with grep & sed I have logs as below: gsc_1_20121121.log:2012-11-21 10:09:13,143 INFO - fmsspace.1 ProcessNewOrderSingleRequest: Result - ProcessNewOrderSingleBatchResultDTO - success:true,newOrderSingleBatchResults:ProcessNewOrderSingleResultDTO -... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: irfanmemon
13 Replies

9. Programming

find & Replace text using two non-unique delimiters.

I can find and replace text when the delimiters are unique. What I cannot do is replace text using two NON-unique delimiters: Ex., "This html code <text blah >contains <garbage blah blah >. All tags must go,<text > but some must be replaced with <garbage blah blah > without erasing other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
5 Replies
HTML::Template::Compiled::Utils(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      HTML::Template::Compiled::Utils(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Template::Compiled::Utils - Utility functions for HTML::Template::Compiled SYNOPSIS
# import log() and stack() use HTML::Template::Compiled::Utils qw(:log); # import the escapign functions use HTML::Template::Compiled::Utils qw(:escape); DEBUGGING FUNCTIONS
stack $self->stack; For HTML::Template:Compiled developers, prints a stack trace to STDERR. md5 md5($text) If Digest::MD5 is installed, returns the md5_base64 for $text, otherwise returns the empty string. log $self->log(@msg) For HTML::Template::Compiled developers, print log from @msg to STDERR. ESCAPING FUNCTIONS
escape_html my $escaped_html = escape_html($raw_html); HTML-escapes the input string (only &, ", single quotes, "<" and ""> and returns it; escape_html_all my $escaped_html = escape_html_all($raw_html); HTML-escapes the input string (with HTML::Entities) and returns it; escape_uri my $escaped_uri = escape_uri($raw_uri); URI-escapes the input string and returns it; escape_js my $escaped_js = escape_js($raw_js); JavaScript-escapes the input string and returns it; escape_ijson my $escaped_js = escape_ijson($raw_js); JavaScript-escapes the input string except for the apostrophe and returns it, so it can be used within a JSON element. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-26 HTML::Template::Compiled::Utils(3pm)