Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tftp batch mode within bash script Post 302706665 by yildiz.a on Thursday 27th of September 2012 06:39:36 AM
Old 09-27-2012
tftp batch mode within bash script

Hi,

I put the necessary tftp commands into a batch file and I can run tftp by
Code:
$ tftp < tftpbatchscript

in bash command line and then successfully exit.

Now, I want to put a line which does the same thing above. However, when I put this line into a bash script, the lines below this line do not work.

Could you help me about this problem?

Thank you.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by radoulov; 09-27-2012 at 11:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH in batch mode and File-Handles in a loop

Hi all I try to execute SSH commands on several hosts in a while-loop. There seems to be a problem with file-handle, first cycle works correct but no other one will follow due to the while condition is false even that there are many more host entries (lines) in all_hosts.dat. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveCutler
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp in Batch Mode

Hi, I am trying to do sftp a file from one server to another solaris server. Both are sftp enabled. I have generated the rsa key in local server and did a ftped the public key to the remote server and added that in the authorization keys file. Then i try to run the below command using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaemn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - batch script for extracting one file from multiple tar files

so i have hundreds of files named history.20071112.tar (history.YYYYMMDD.tar) and im looking to extract one file out of each archive called status_YYYYMMDDHH:MM.lis here is what i have so far: for FILE in `cat dirlist` do tar xvf $FILE ./status_* done dirlist is a text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run VI in batch mode

Hi how do I use vi to do change some strings in a shell script loop 1. Run ls first, for each file that contains the word salesreport*.txt, do the following 2. use vi to run the following ex command : "1,$s/1975/1945/ig, wq" Please tell me how to do this in vi, not sed. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to run glance over ssh in batch mode

Hello; Is it possible to run glance over ssh in batch mode ?? Similar to running " top -f " command over ssh.. Need to get glance output for specific pids Thnx very much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in batch renaming files with bash shell script.

I have some 50+ files in the following format : abcd_vish_running_ZEBRA_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:23 abcd_vish_running_ZEB-RA_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:35 abcd_vish_running_ZEB_RA_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:37 abcd_vish_running_RI-NG_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:42... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use gpg to encrypt data in batch/non-interactive mode?

Hello, I have to encrypt data using a script in batch mode without being prompted. I can successfully encrypt data but it prompts me to enter (y/N) as shown below. I tried batch flags without no success. I need to automate this without any prompts. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks, C. $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using BATCH to call a BASH script on CygWin

I am trying to use a batch file to automatically execute a bash script with no luck this far. The batch script looks like this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash test.sh I have also tried this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash "C:\Cygwin64\bin\test.sh" Needless to say that the windows box has Cygwin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies
TFTP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 TFTP(3pm)

NAME
Net::TFTP - TFTP Client class SYNOPSIS
use Net::TFTP; $tftp = Net::TFTP->new("some.host.name", BlockSize => 1024); $tftp->ascii; $tftp->get("remotefile", "localfile"); $tftp->get("remotefile", *STDOUT); $fh = $tftp->get("remotefile"); $tftp->binary; $tftp->put("localfile", "remotefile"); $tftp->put(*STDOUT, "remotefile"); $fh = $tftp->put("remotefile"); $err = $tftp->error DESCRIPTION
"Net::TFTP" is a class implementing a simple Trivial File Transfer Protocol client in Perl as described in RFC1350. "Net::TFTP" also supports the TFTP Option Extension (as described in RFC2347), with the following options RFC2348 Blocksize Option CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ HOST ] [, OPTIONS ]) Create a new Net::TFTP object where HOST is the default host to connect to and OPTIONS are the default transfer options. Valid options are Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- Timeout Timeout in seconds before retry 5 Retries Maximum number of retries 5 Port Port to send data to 69 Mode Mode to transfer data in, "octet" or "netascii" "netascii" BlockSize Negotiate size of blocks to use in the transfer 512 IpMode Indicates whether to operate in IPv6 mode "v4" METHODS
get ( REMOTE_FILE [, LOCAL ] [, OPTIONS ]) Get REMOTE_FILE from the server. OPTIONS can be any that are accepted by "new" plus the following Host Override default host If the LOCAL option is missing the get will return a filehandle. This filehandle must be read ASAP as the server will otherwise timeout. If the LOCAL option is given then it can be a file name or a reference. If it is a reference it is assumed to be a reference that is valid as a filehandle. "get" will return true if the transfer is successful and undef otherwise. Valid filehandles are o A sub-class of IO::Handle o A tied filehandle o A GLOB reference (eg "*STDOUT") put ( [ LOCAL, ] REMOTE_FILE [, OPTIONS]) Put a file to the server as REMOTE_FILE. OPTIONS can be any that are accepted by "new" plus the following Host Override default host If the LOCAL option is missing the put will return a filehandle. This filehandle must be written to ASAP as the server will otherwise timeout. If the LOCAL option is given then it can be a file name or a reference. If it is a reference it is assumed to be a valid filehandle as described above. "put" will return true if the transfer is successful and undef otherwise. error If there was an error then this method will return an error string. host ( [ HOST ] ) timeout ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) port ( [ PORT ] ) mode ( [ MODE ] ) retries ( [ VALUE ] ) block_size ( [ VALUE ] ) debug ( [ VALUE ] ) Set or get the values for the various options. If an argument is passed then a new value is set for that option and the previous value returned. If no value is passed then the current value is returned. ip_mode ( [ VALUE ] ) Set or get which verion of IP to use ("v4" or "v6") ascii netascii Set the transfer mode to "netascii" binary octet Set the transfer mode to "octet" AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998,2007 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-11-25 TFTP(3pm)