Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering and formatting the output Post 302706659 by kamauv234 on Thursday 27th of September 2012 06:21:01 AM
Old 09-27-2012
filtering and formatting the output

Hi Team,

I have input file like below.

HTML Code:
[SYSTEM.css.interfaces]
UNDEF : 
SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_CREATE_SUB_KEY, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba}

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global]
UNDEF : 
SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba}

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en2]
UNDEF : 
SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba}

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en2.172|d20|d207|d0]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en2.172|d20|d207|d0.1]
ORATEXT : cluster_interconnect

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en5]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en5.172|d20|d210|d0]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en5.172|d20|d210|d0.1]
ORATEXT : cluster_interconnect

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en6]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en6.169|d178|d152|d0]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en6.169|d178|d152|d0.1]
ORATEXT : public
I want to do whenever "ORATEXT = public" and "ORATEXT = cluster_interconnect". I have to filter previous line and get the interface name. Below is the output i needed for above current inputfile.

HTML Code:
Public -> en6
Cluster_interconnect1 -> en2
Cluster_interconnect2 -> en5
Please advice. Thanks !

Regards
Kamal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

my script is as follows cnt=`ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` cnt2=`ps -ef |grep tns|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` if then if then rman target/ catalog recdb/recdb@recdb cmdfile report_need_backup.sql > report_need_backup.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swkambli
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix". /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login /opt/home/security/.k5login /opt/home/noc/.k5login what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering out certain output

hi guys, i have a long output and cant figure out a flexible way to show the meta members from a device. please help. some device have 2,4 or 8 meta members but for this example i have 4 meta members, what is a flexible way to pull them out from this output? need your inputs thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Output Filtering

Hi, I have this command on my linux jmap -heap $pid | grep '%\|:' the output of which is like below: I need a smart way to check if any of these memory usage crosses 95%, 90% and 85% i need to triggerAlert accordingly. I know how to trigger email alerts however I need a good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
CANNASTAT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      CANNASTAT(1)

NAME
cannastat - Display information about the Kana-Kanji conversion server SYNOPSIS
cannastat [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server ] [-p] [-t] [-a] DESCRIPTION
cannastat(1) displays information about the Kana-Kanji conversion server cannaserver(1M). The information includes the following: the name of the machine on which the connected server exists, the cannaserver(1M)'s version, the number of clients connecting to the server, the name of the user connecting to the server, its user number, the socket number, the number of contexts, the time of connection to the server, the time of use of the server, the idle time, the name of the host under which the client exists, and the frequency of using each protocol. If cannastat(1) is called without options, the following is displayed: Connected to machine1 Canna Server (Ver. 2.1) Total connecting clients 1 USER_NAME ID NO U_CX C_TIME U_TIME I_TIME HOST_NAME kon 5 0 4 Tue 21 8:49am 11 12:48 machine2 The items represent the following: USER_NAME User name ID Socket number NO User number U_CX Context number C_TIME Time of connection (h:min) U_TIME User time (h:min:s) I_TIME Idle time (h:min) HOST_NAME Name of the host under which the client exists OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the Kana-Kanji conversion server. -p Displays the frequency of using the protocol. -t Displays information about the user who started cannastat. It includes the frequency of using the protocol, as well as ID, NO, U_CX, C_TIME, U_TIME, I_TIME, and HOST_NAME. -a Displays all information about all users. FILES
/etc/canna/cannahost Name of the host under which cannaserver is in operation. SEE ALSO
cannaserver(1M), cannakill(1M), cannacheck(1) ENVIRONMENT
CANNAHOST Specifies the name of the host under which cannaserver(1M) is in operation. CANNASTAT(1)