Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering and formatting the output Post 302706659 by kamauv234 on Thursday 27th of September 2012 06:21:01 AM
Old 09-27-2012
filtering and formatting the output

Hi Team,

I have input file like below.

HTML Code:
[SYSTEM.css.interfaces]
UNDEF : 
SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_CREATE_SUB_KEY, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba}

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global]
UNDEF : 
SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba}

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en2]
UNDEF : 
SECURITY : {USER_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, GROUP_PERMISSION : PROCR_ALL_ACCESS, OTHER_PERMISSION : PROCR_READ, USER_NAME : oracle, GROUP_NAME : dba}

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en2.172|d20|d207|d0]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en2.172|d20|d207|d0.1]
ORATEXT : cluster_interconnect

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en5]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en5.172|d20|d210|d0]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en5.172|d20|d210|d0.1]
ORATEXT : cluster_interconnect

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en6]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en6.169|d178|d152|d0]
UNDEF : 

[SYSTEM.css.interfaces.global.en6.169|d178|d152|d0.1]
ORATEXT : public
I want to do whenever "ORATEXT = public" and "ORATEXT = cluster_interconnect". I have to filter previous line and get the interface name. Below is the output i needed for above current inputfile.

HTML Code:
Public -> en6
Cluster_interconnect1 -> en2
Cluster_interconnect2 -> en5
Please advice. Thanks !

Regards
Kamal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

my script is as follows cnt=`ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` cnt2=`ps -ef |grep tns|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` if then if then rman target/ catalog recdb/recdb@recdb cmdfile report_need_backup.sql > report_need_backup.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swkambli
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering print output

I have these data below and i want my output to print only the 3rd files. For example, in /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login, i want to print only "nyfix". /opt/home/nyfix/.k5login /opt/home/security/.k5login /opt/home/noc/.k5login what is the appropriate command in shell scripting ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering out certain output

hi guys, i have a long output and cant figure out a flexible way to show the meta members from a device. please help. some device have 2,4 or 8 meta members but for this example i have 4 meta members, what is a flexible way to pull them out from this output? need your inputs thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering output from given input

Hi All, I have a input file as below. Input file may contain more hostlists. sample Input file $ cat hostlist.lst cs18-db1-1-sjl cs22-db1-1-was na88-db1-1-chi na21-db1-2-was I want the output like below format. Pls help. Thanks ! Output format: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Output Filtering

Hi, I have this command on my linux jmap -heap $pid | grep '%\|:' the output of which is like below: I need a smart way to check if any of these memory usage crosses 95%, 90% and 85% i need to triggerAlert accordingly. I know how to trigger email alerts however I need a good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
CSS(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CSS(3pm)

NAME
CSS - Object oriented access to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) SYNOPSIS
use CSS; # create a CSS object with the default options my $css = CSS->new(); # create a CSS object with a specific parser my $css = CSS->new( { 'parser' => 'CSS::Parse::Lite' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'parser' => 'CSS::Parse::Heavy' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'parser' => 'CSS::Parse::Compiled' } ); # create a CSS object with a specific adaptor my $css = CSS->new( { 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor::Pretty' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor::Debug' } ); # parse some CSS from a string $css->read_string( $css_data ); $css->read_string( ( $css_data, $more_css_data ) ); # parse some CSS from a file $css->read_file( 'my_file.css' ); $css->read_file( ( 'my_file.css', 'my_other_file.css' ) ); # output the CSS using the current adaptor print $css->output(); # set a new adaptor and then output the CSS $css->set_adaptor( 'CSS::Adaptor::Foo' ); print $css->output(); # output the CSS using a tempory adaptor print $css->output( 'CSS::Adaptor::Bar' ); # forget about the CSS we've already parsed $css->purge(); DESCRIPTION
This module can be used, along with a CSS::Parse::* module, to parse CSS data and represent it as a tree of objects. Using a CSS::Adaptor::* module, the CSS data tree can then be transformed into other formats. NOTICE
From version 1.00 of this module onwards, backwards compatibility is broken. This is due to large changes in the way data is parsed and then represented internally. Version 0.08 is still available on CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/author/IAMCAL/CSS-0.08/ <http://search.cpan.org/author/IAMCAL/CSS-0.08/> TREE STRUCTURE
The CSS object is the head of the tree. It contains a list of CSS::Style objects which each represent a CSS ruleset. Each of these objects contains a list of selectors and properties. Each selector is stored as a CSS::Selector object. Each property object is stored as a CSS::Property object and contains a list of values. These values are stored as CSS::Value objects. foo, bar { baz: fop; woo: yay houpla; } The above example would be represented as a single CSS::Style object. That object would then have two CSS::Selector objects representing 'foo' and 'bar'. It would also have two CSS::Property objects representing 'baz' and 'woo'. The 'baz' object then has a single child CSS::Value object for 'fop', whilst the 'woo' object has two child objects for 'yay' and 'houpla'. METHODS
CONSTRUCTOR "new()" or "new( { ..options.. } )" An optional hash can contain arguments: parser module to use as the CSS parser adaptor adaptor to use for output ACCESSORS "read_file( $filename )" or "read_file( @filenames )" Read one or mores files and parse the CSS within them. "read_string( $scalar )" or "read_string( @strings )" Read one or more strings and parse the CSS within them. "output()" or "output( 'CSS::Adaptor::Foo' )" Return a string representation of the CSS tree, using either the current adaptor or the specified one. "set_adaptor( 'CSS::Adaptor::Bar' )" Set the current adaptor for the CSS tree. "purge()" Forget all the objects in the CSS tree; "get_style_by_selector( 'selector_name' )" Returns the first CSS::Style object with the specified selector name attached. Returns zero on failure. AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2001-2002, Allen Day <allenday@ucla.edu> Copyright (C) 2003-2004, Cal Henderson <cal@iamcal.com> SEE ALSO
CSS::Style, CSS::Selector, CSS::Property, CSS::Value, CSS::Parse, CSS::Parse::Lite, CSS::Parse::Heavy, CSS::Parse::Compiled, CSS::Parse::PRDGrammar, CSS::Adaptor, CSS::Adaptor::Pretty, CSS::Adaptor::Debug, perl(1) perl v5.14.2 2008-04-23 CSS(3pm)