Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Urgent Help needed...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Urgent Help needed... Post 302706555 by Scudza on Thursday 27th of September 2012 02:11:57 AM
Old 09-27-2012
Urgent Help needed...

Hi

I want to create a script which deleted files in the following folders older than 30 days. There are a particular version of files inside it to be deleted

Folders :

/files0/interfaces/ResponsysSavedList/BackInStock/EmailContent/backup
/files0/interfaces/ResponsysSavedList/SavedList/backup
/files0/interfaces/commerce/coupons/incoming/backup
/files0/interfaces/commerce/coupons/outgoing/backup

I have created the following code but it doesnt seems to be working fine :
Code:
$folder="EmailContent Recipients"
BACKUP_DEST=$APPSTORAGE/interfaces/ResponsysSavedList/BackInStock/$folder/backup

# Deleting .csv files from ResponsysSavedList older than 30 days
echo "Searching for files older than 30 days to Delete"
for $folder in $BACKUP_DEST 
do 
    find $BACKUP_DEST -name "NL_Responsys_BackInStock_*.csv" -type f -mtime +30 -print | while read FILENAME
    do
        ls -ald "${FILENAME}"
        rm -r "${FILENAME}"
    done
    echo "BACKUP_DEST incorrect or missing: ${BACKUP_DEST}"
done

APPSTORAGE is my complete path, so dont bother about it.

The key thing is to write a single code which can delete the file from different paths and they change after folloowing a heirarchy.

Last edited by fpmurphy; 09-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: code tags please! indent code for readability please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent help needed !!

i have a script, which is continuously looping. i want to view the script name when i use ps command... it is only showing -sh ... UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME COMMAND informix 8533 20923 0 18:19:28 pts/ta 0:00 -sh but i dont have my scriptname displayed .... how can i do that my script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent help needed.

Ok I admit it I am stumped and I would appreciate any and all help Here is what I am trying to do. Korn Shell script I am setting a variable to another shell script that I want to invoke in my main script like so: GETDIR=/vol100/cfg/.getdir The .getdir shell script take a parameter,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Batch
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help needed

Hi I am using DB2 as the database and i am reading syscat.columns from the database. I want to manipulate the rows returned by running SQL query from the shell script. The manipulation involves addition and deletion of the rows from the resultset. All the above i want to do using SQL... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent needed

hi i want solution regarding usage of array. i m having code which is written using if- elif and can i use or access using arrays. here i wana use array values along with if -elif condition. i dnt wana use command line argument parameter1=(scram no_scram) if ; then ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish1
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent XP help needed Please

Hi, Please accept my apologies if I have not explained anything clearly enough but i am a little old on new lingo!!! I am running XP from home and last night the following happened. After being logged on for pretty much the full day, I had what seemed like a pop up come up. Although most pop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nike1601
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent help needed!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hy guys, i got few interview questions i need someone to answer urgently: 1)If you cant get to the root, you try to fsck it, but gets errors to read file systems. What steps do you take to recover the host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help Needed.

Hi, Below is my issue which I desperately need and I want a shell script which can do this job. I need this script as I m planning to put this for a system health check. Please assist me. 1. There are 10 log files in a particular location. 2. open each log file. Goto to the end of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashriram
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent Help Needed

Hello Friends, I am a Graduate in Computers. I completed BCA degree this year. I want to make my career in UNIX. But, unfortunately I don't know anybody who can guide me. I am totally confuse because I don't know where to start and what are the future prospect in UNIX. Please give your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luckyless
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help needed !!!

Hi, I have a directory, where i get 4 files for each day... The files will be generated at any time. I am trying for a shell script for copying the file from this directory whenever new file is generated. Say for example : If the directory X has following files A1,A2,A3,A4,B1,B2,B3,B4...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishh.kk
2 Replies

10. Programming

URGENT HELP NEEDED

KING KONG ELECTRICITY AUTHORITY BILL CALCULATOR You are required to develop a script that will enable KING KONG ELECTRICITY AUTHORITY to calculate customer bills based on their meter readings. The customers are categorized into the following categories:  Residential customers  Commercial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: watisevil
1 Replies
EXPIRE_BACKUPS(1)						       S3QL							 EXPIRE_BACKUPS(1)

NAME
expire_backups - Intelligently expire old backups SYNOPSIS
expire_backups [options] <age> [<age> ...] DESCRIPTION
The expire_backups command intelligently remove old backups that are no longer needed. To define what backups you want to keep for how long, you define a number of age ranges. expire_backups ensures that you will have at least one backup in each age range at all times. It will keep exactly as many backups as are required for that and delete any backups that become redundant. Age ranges are specified by giving a list of range boundaries in terms of backup cycles. Every time you create a new backup, the existing backups age by one cycle. Example: when expire_backups is called with the age range definition 1 3 7 14 31, it will guarantee that you always have the following backups available: 1. A backup that is 0 to 1 cycles old (i.e, the most recent backup) 2. A backup that is 1 to 3 cycles old 3. A backup that is 3 to 7 cycles old 4. A backup that is 7 to 14 cycles old 5. A backup that is 14 to 31 cycles old Note If you do backups in fixed intervals, then one cycle will be equivalent to the backup interval. The advantage of specifying the age ranges in terms of backup cycles rather than days or weeks is that it allows you to gracefully handle irregular backup intervals. Imagine that for some reason you do not turn on your computer for one month. Now all your backups are at least a month old, and if you had specified the above backup strategy in terms of absolute ages, they would all be deleted! Specifying age ranges in terms of backup cycles avoids these sort of problems. expire_backups usage is simple. It requires backups to have names of the forms year-month-day_hour:minute:seconds (YYYY-MM-DD_HH:mm:ss) and works on all backups in the current directory. So for the above backup strategy, the correct invocation would be: expire_backups.py 1 3 7 14 31 When storing your backups on an S3QL file system, you probably want to specify the --use-s3qlrm option as well. This tells expire_backups to use the s3qlrm command to delete directories. expire_backups uses a "state file" to keep track which backups are how many cycles old (since this cannot be inferred from the dates con- tained in the directory names). The standard name for this state file is .expire_backups.dat. If this file gets damaged or deleted, expire_backups no longer knows the ages of the backups and refuses to work. In this case you can use the --reconstruct-state option to try to reconstruct the state from the backup dates. However, the accuracy of this reconstruction depends strongly on how rigorous you have been with making backups (it is only completely correct if the time between subsequent backups has always been exactly the same), so it's gener- ally a good idea not to tamper with the state file. OPTIONS
The expire_backups command accepts the following options: --quiet be really quiet --debug activate debugging output --version just print program version and exit --state <file> File to save state information in (default: ".expire_backups.dat") -n Dry run. Just show which backups would be deleted. --reconstruct-state Try to reconstruct a missing state file from backup dates. --use-s3qlrm Use s3qlrm command to delete backups. EXIT STATUS
expire_backups returns exit code 0 if the operation succeeded and 1 if some error occured. SEE ALSO
expire_backups is shipped as part of S3QL, http://code.google.com/p/s3ql/. COPYRIGHT
2008-2011, Nikolaus Rath 1.11.1 August 27, 2014 EXPIRE_BACKUPS(1)