Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generating a passwordlist based on rules Post 302706429 by santiago10k on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 06:21:25 PM
Old 09-26-2012
Generating a passwordlist based on rules

Hy there!

Some time ago I encrypted the harddrive of my notebook.
Now, I can't remember it correctly.

I want to create a list with all possible combinations of the words I used (I still remember all the words....).

The password was created like this:

The.Peanutbutter.Tastes.goodbanana

But maybe like this:

the.peanutbutter.tastes.Good
banana

or:

the peanutbutter Tastes Good banana

or:

ThePeanutbutterTastesGoodBanana

How could this be done in a small script to create this wordlist?

regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

generating timer

I'm trying generate an interrupt every 1 seconds using itimer and My clock is not running. This is what i did : printf("about to sleep for 1 second \n"); signal(SIGALRM, wakeup); //myTimer.it_interval.tv_sec=0; //myTimer.it_interval.tv_usec =0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating reports based on time field of network data

hi i have data extracted in the following format ranging around 300000 to 800000 records in a text file , the format is of network data . No. Time Source Destination Protocol 1 1998-06-05 17:20:23.569905 HP_61:aa:c9 HP_61:aa:c9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renukaprasadb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a file based on another file

I am trying to generate a file like this one Based on this other file The first part at the very top ( ;1.0) is a constant so it does not change from file to file -that part is not a problem. My problems start with the second line, as you can see those are consecutive numbers (1;2;3; etc)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string on two files based on match rules.

Hi, How to check if a string on file2 exactly matches with a part or complete string on file1, and return a match indicator based on some match rules. 1) only records on file1 with category A should be matched. for other category, the output match indicator should default to 'N' 2) on file2... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: effay
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with allocated text content based on specific rules...

Input file format: /tag="ABL" /note="abl homolog 2 /tag="ABLIM1" /note="actin binding LIM 1 /tag="ABP1" /note="amiloride binding protein 1 (amine oxidase (copper- containing)) /tag="ABR" /note="active BCR-related /tag="AC003042.1" /note="SDR family member 11 precursor . . . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on Rules

Hi My requirement is very simple . I juts need to delte some lines from a file. here comes theactual scenario I have some data in file like say srinivasa prabhu kumar antony srinivas king prabhu antony srinivas prabhu king yar venkata venkata kingson srinivas... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field based on a specific set of rules

In the perl below, which does execute, I am having trouble with the else in Rule 3. The digit in f{8} is extracted and used to update f accordinly along with the value in f. There can be either - * or + before the number that is extracted but the same logic applies, that is if the value is greater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to change value based on set of rules

In the perl there is a default rule that sets f to VUS, and then a seris of rules that will change f based on the result that is obtained from the rule. The code below is a rule that is supposed to be applicable to lines 2-4 because this rule just looks at the digit in f. So in line 2 f is 27... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
american-english-small(5)					   Users' Manual					 american-english-small(5)

NAME
american-english-small - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/american-english-small is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 american-english-small(5)