Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers launchctl loads app with icon (OS X) Post 302706369 by DGPickett on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 02:55:41 PM
Old 09-26-2012
If you restart it frequently from cron, that takes care of boot, too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO CPU Loads

I've been asked to get a breakdown of what is consuming CPU time on our server over an extended period ? Have been asked about the CPU load on our server and I need to be able to go back to my boss and indicate what % is consumed by what process (or group of processes). I.e. 15% is database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding loads of columns

Hi All, I've got file1 like this: aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh kkk ppp mmm nnn and file 2 like this: aaa qqq www ddd fff ggg ggg sss zzz ppp vvv yyy and file 3 like this: aaa ggg ppp I need to match the first column of file3 and file1, then add the rest of the file 1 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How OS loads process in memory to execute ?

Hi, I was Googling to get info "How OS loads process into its memory to execute?" i mean when i execute ./<exename> , How OS exectes it? It will be better if i tell my intention, In my $LOGNAME saveral process are running, among all of these two process are my target process. Basically I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
1 Replies

4. Debian

Can't see anything after debian loads

Hey, I recently installed Debian on a desktop PC but when it starts I can't see anything (the monitor say no signal). I don't have any idea or even a way to figure out what going on here since I can't see anything at all not even the console. Is there something that I missed in the install, or is... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting for the files untill they loads

Hi guys, I want to know how to wait for the files untill they are loaded through ftp here the scenario is i'm searching for the files in unix directory /stage_area/loadfiles/telsims/test/ and there are 39 files daily i will recieve with names like *.todays_date i.e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Change app Icon when script is completed.

In a recent topic, I asked how I could run a shell code without having to deal with terminal opening. What I'm trying to accomplish now is to make my app change it's icon when the code is complete. (With complete I mean when the process is done.) Thanks in advance. :) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
10 Replies

7. Web Development

Installing mysql:sudo launchctl: command not found

I have run into an obstacle. See error message below ** I am Running: 'Mountain lion' , 'Mac OS X 10.8.3' I have downloaded: MySQL version. Mac OS X 10.7. (X86, 64-bit), DMG Archive. After several days of reading about: Installation of MySQL Enabling apache server And getting phpMyAdmin... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: iHaveAQuestion
16 Replies

8. AIX

Su loads .profile with argument

Hello, Is there any way to su another user and loading its profile with an argument. For example I am user1 and I want to start user2 user2 .profile is interactive asking user to pass some values I want to automate a process by switching user and if I pass an argument the interactive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geodimo
4 Replies

9. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies