Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] awk: matching degenerate patterns Post 302706359 by heecha on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 02:30:19 PM
Old 09-26-2012
Ah, yes, now I see!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching 3 patterns in shell script

IN a file I need to check for 3 patterns if all the 3 patterns are in the file. I need to send out an email. All this needs to be done in korn shell script. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saibsk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: matching patterns in 2 different files

In a directory, there are two different file extensions (*.txt and *.xyz) having similar names of numerical strings (*). The (*.txt) contains 5000 multiple files and the (*.xyz) also contains 5000 multiple files. Each of the files has around 4000 rows and 8 columns, with several unique string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanjuan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching patterns

I have a file name in $f. If $f has "-" at the beginning, or "=", or does not have extension ".ry" or ".xt" or ".dat" then cerr would not be empty. Tried the following but having some problems. set cerr = `echo $f | awk '/^-|=|!.ry|!.xt|!.dat/'` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching patterns inside a condition in awk

I have the following in an awk script. I want to do them on condition that: fext == "xt" FNR == NR { />/ && idx = ++i $2 || val = $1 next } FNR in idx { v = val] } { !/>/ && srdist = abs($1 - v) } />/ || NF == 2 && srdist < dsrmx {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and extract matching patterns

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] HP-UX awk sub multiple patterns

Hi, I am using sub to remove blank spaces and one pattern(=>) from the input string. It works fine when I am using two sub functions for the same. However it is giving error while I am trying to remove both spaces and pattern using one single sub function. Working: $ echo " OK => " |awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete patterns matching

Delete patterns matching OS version: RHEL 7.3 Shell : Bash I have a file like below (pattern.txt). I need to delete all lines starting with the following words (words separated by comma below) and ) character. LOGGING, NOCOMPRESS, TABLESPACE , PCTFREE, INITRANS, MAXTRANS, STORAGE,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
NUACLGEN(8)															       NUACLGEN(8)

NAME
nuaclgen - NUFW acl generator SYNOPSIS
nuaclgen [ --Schema eq|ineq ] [ --Aclname ACLDN ] [ --saddr NETWORK1 ] [ --daddr NETWORK2 ] [ --proto PROTONUMBER ] [ --sport P1[:P2] ] [ --dport P3[:P4] ] [ --OsName OSNAME ] [ --OsVersion OSVERSION ] [ --OsRelease OSRELEASE ] [ --AppName APPLICATION NAME ] [ --AppSig APPLI- CATION SIGNATURE ] [ --Separator SEPARATOR ] [ --jump [ACCEPT|DROP] ] [ --groups GROUPLIST ] nuaclgen [ --List ] [ --groups Id Group ] nuaclgen [ --Delete DN ] nuaclgen [ --help ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the nuaclgen command. nuaclgen is an Access control list generator for the ldap backend of Nuauth, the authentication server of the NUFW package. Original packaging and informations and help can be found from http://www.nufw.org/ OPTIONS
--Schema eq|ineq Use equality schema or not (Equality schema requires dport be specified, and is the default. --AclName Acl DN Add an acl in the ldap tree with dn Acl DN --saddr Network Specify source network for the acl, with network of the form : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[/ee]. Default value : 0.0.0.0/0 --daddr Network Specify destination network for the acl, with network of the form : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[/ee]. Default value : 0.0.0.0/0 --proto Protocol number Specify protocol type for the acl --sport Source port Specify source port(s) for the Acl. NNNN:MMMM can be used to specify a port range. --dport Destination port Specify destination port(s) for the Acl. NNNN:MMMM can be used to specify a port range. --jump Decision Specify decision for the Acl. Has to be ACCEPT or DROP. --groups Groups list Specify the user group(s) on which Acl apply. Must be of the form : Group1[,Group2[,...]] --List --group Group ID List Acls for the Group ID group --Delete Dn Deletes the Acl stored in the provided Dn --help Displays a brief resume of available options and quits SEE ALSO
nufw(8) nuauth(8) AUTHOR
Nuauth was designed and coded by Eric Leblond, aka Regit (<eric@regit.org>) , and Vincent Deffontaines, aka gryzor (<vincent@gryzor.com>). Original idea in 2001, while working on NSM Ldap support. This manual page was written by Eric Leblond and copyrighted by INL (2003-2005) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. 12 mars 2007 NUACLGEN(8)