Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] awk: matching degenerate patterns Post 302706359 by heecha on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 02:30:19 PM
Old 09-26-2012
Ah, yes, now I see!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching 3 patterns in shell script

IN a file I need to check for 3 patterns if all the 3 patterns are in the file. I need to send out an email. All this needs to be done in korn shell script. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saibsk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: matching patterns in 2 different files

In a directory, there are two different file extensions (*.txt and *.xyz) having similar names of numerical strings (*). The (*.txt) contains 5000 multiple files and the (*.xyz) also contains 5000 multiple files. Each of the files has around 4000 rows and 8 columns, with several unique string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanjuan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching patterns

I have a file name in $f. If $f has "-" at the beginning, or "=", or does not have extension ".ry" or ".xt" or ".dat" then cerr would not be empty. Tried the following but having some problems. set cerr = `echo $f | awk '/^-|=|!.ry|!.xt|!.dat/'` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching patterns inside a condition in awk

I have the following in an awk script. I want to do them on condition that: fext == "xt" FNR == NR { />/ && idx = ++i $2 || val = $1 next } FNR in idx { v = val] } { !/>/ && srdist = abs($1 - v) } />/ || NF == 2 && srdist < dsrmx {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and extract matching patterns

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] HP-UX awk sub multiple patterns

Hi, I am using sub to remove blank spaces and one pattern(=>) from the input string. It works fine when I am using two sub functions for the same. However it is giving error while I am trying to remove both spaces and pattern using one single sub function. Working: $ echo " OK => " |awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete patterns matching

Delete patterns matching OS version: RHEL 7.3 Shell : Bash I have a file like below (pattern.txt). I need to delete all lines starting with the following words (words separated by comma below) and ) character. LOGGING, NOCOMPRESS, TABLESPACE , PCTFREE, INITRANS, MAXTRANS, STORAGE,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
EXIGREP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							EXIGREP(8)

NAME
EXIGREP - Search Exim's main log SYNOPSIS
exigrep [-l] pattern [log file] ... DESCRIPTION
The exigrep utility is a Perl script that searches one or more main log files for entries that match a given pattern. When it finds a match, it extracts all the log entries for the relevant message, not just those that match the pattern. Thus, exigrep can extract complete log entries for a given message, or all mail for a given user, or for a given host, for example. The -l flag means 'literal', that is, treat all characters in the pattern as standing for themselves. Otherwise the pattern must be a Perl regular expression. The pattern match is case-insensitive. If no file names are given on the command line, the standard input is read. If the location of a zcat command is known from the definition of ZCAT_COMMAND in Local/Makefile, exigrep automatically passes any file whose name ends in COMPRESS_SUFFIX through zcat as it searches it. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), perlre(1), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIGREP(8)