Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check the presence of file >size? Post 302706331 by nrjrasaxena on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 01:29:21 PM
Old 09-26-2012
Check the presence of file >size?

Hi,
Following script work fine:
Code:
#!/bin/bash                                                                                                                                           
FILE=$1
if [ -s $FILE]; then
echo Yay
else
echo Boo
fi

But I would like to add another condition that if FILE > 100MB exit??

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check file size

Hi All, I am in small problem.. i have one script which transfers some big files to my ftp usign normal command like put .... my problem is how to check whether my file have been transferred successfully on ftp or not... i know only inside ftp we have option like 'size' command which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for file size is zero or not.

I have following script on AIX/KSH if ] ; then echo "filename exists and is > 0 bytes" else echo "filename does not exist or is zero length" fi It is not working. What is wrong here??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check presence of input file

My script is taking a file "input.in" as input for running the script. My worry is that i need to execute the script only if the file is present, if it's not don't perform the next commands. Just to have a check at the beginning of the script : If "input.in" exists, then go on. If it's does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpromo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file size - help

I want to write a batch job (ksh) with the following requirement we have file feeds coming to our system from other team, if the file size is greater than expected then we dont need to process the file for the day and need to archive the file and send email notification to the manager saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
5 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

command to check presence of volume

Hi: I'm not really a programmer, but I've created a small logout hook script to copy some specific directories to a server volume when a user logs out (10.6.4). These is a laptop user, so I'm looking find: 1) the command to check if the volume (including path to directory?) is available. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinmmac
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file for presence of set of strings

hi everybody, I need a quick help with this issue. I have configuration file in which the following set of strings must be present. I need to check it with the bash script (leading spaces are not significant). Check must be case insensitive. Can anybody help? ... any lines <SECTION... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameucho
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a file size

I'm doing a script thats check if mylogfile.log is bigger then 5000 but i dont know how to write it. thanks in avance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check presence of trigger file

Hi, I make a sftp connection successfully.My requirement is the script shall execute only after i find a trigger file(dailyreport.OK.psv) in the remote dir. If the trigger file is not present ,the script should exit else it should continue with the rest of the scripts statements. Below code is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file presence and delete other file

Hello, I have file all_file.txt at the end of process this file all_file.txt should be deleted only if there is no file present in dir /all_file/tmp/ or in it's sub directory. can you please help me with the peace of code for this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar30213
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size check

I am trying to check whether two files are empty or not using below if condition but its checking for only one file if ] Again I tried if && ] Need your assistance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)