Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] awk: matching degenerate patterns Post 302706315 by heecha on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 12:50:20 PM
Old 09-26-2012
Thanks for your response, I am grateful for your time.

The last section of the code I included
Code:
printf( "%s\t%s\n", k2rec[key,i], $0 );   # print f2 record, followed by current f1 record

prints the entire matched record for 'b' and the entire record for 'a' on the same line. Is there a way to recapture the information from 'a' so that I can print in this same manner.

So the result would be
Code:
aaa     bbb     ccc     ddd     aaa     bbb     ccc

Thanks.

Last edited by heecha; 09-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: added formatting for code and data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching 3 patterns in shell script

IN a file I need to check for 3 patterns if all the 3 patterns are in the file. I need to send out an email. All this needs to be done in korn shell script. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saibsk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: matching patterns in 2 different files

In a directory, there are two different file extensions (*.txt and *.xyz) having similar names of numerical strings (*). The (*.txt) contains 5000 multiple files and the (*.xyz) also contains 5000 multiple files. Each of the files has around 4000 rows and 8 columns, with several unique string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanjuan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching patterns

I have a file name in $f. If $f has "-" at the beginning, or "=", or does not have extension ".ry" or ".xt" or ".dat" then cerr would not be empty. Tried the following but having some problems. set cerr = `echo $f | awk '/^-|=|!.ry|!.xt|!.dat/'` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching patterns inside a condition in awk

I have the following in an awk script. I want to do them on condition that: fext == "xt" FNR == NR { />/ && idx = ++i $2 || val = $1 next } FNR in idx { v = val] } { !/>/ && srdist = abs($1 - v) } />/ || NF == 2 && srdist < dsrmx {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and extract matching patterns

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] HP-UX awk sub multiple patterns

Hi, I am using sub to remove blank spaces and one pattern(=>) from the input string. It works fine when I am using two sub functions for the same. However it is giving error while I am trying to remove both spaces and pattern using one single sub function. Working: $ echo " OK => " |awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete patterns matching

Delete patterns matching OS version: RHEL 7.3 Shell : Bash I have a file like below (pattern.txt). I need to delete all lines starting with the following words (words separated by comma below) and ) character. LOGGING, NOCOMPRESS, TABLESPACE , PCTFREE, INITRANS, MAXTRANS, STORAGE,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)