Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users USB RAID 5 Problem on Joli OS 1.2 (Ubuntu) using mdadm Post 302706203 by powelltallen on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 10:01:53 AM
Old 09-26-2012
Thanks so much for solving my problem. I will try your suggestions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID Problem on SUSE 11.0

I setup a RAID 5 with 5 drives, one failed, hardware failure so I physically removed it from the raid after powering the machine off then powered it back on and my raid was still good but no 5th drive. I built a 5th drive from scratch and added it in the raid thinking the raid would go into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacakid
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on USB stick?

Hey Guys I have an Ubuntu CD and I was thinking of creating like a bootable hard drive with various OS so that I can just boot OSs with t drive and not require the CDs. I was just wondering is there a way I can do this, like have Ubuntu boot from a USB stick? If yes how is that possible(even if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Raid problem on T2000

Hi all, First post so be gentile :) It's my first time installing Solaris on T2000 server. I have 2 72GB HD's on it. After configuring HW raid and running raidctl command I get this output: bash-3.00# raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Obi-Wan
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Problem with External Raid Controller.

Hi, We have a Sunfire 4150 with On-Board Internal Raid Controller connected to 4 X 146 GB SAS disks. This also has an External Raid Controller (Storagetek Eight-Port, External HBA Model SG-XPCIESAS-R-EXT-Z) connected to a JBOD array ( Storagetek XTA2530 ) which has 5 X 300 GB Hard disk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjansukumar
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to implement TIOCOUTQ for USB modem on Linux Ubuntu

Hi, I need to override ioctl operation for a few USB drivers (sierra, option, cdc-acm) on Linux Ubuntu 2.6.34sb2 to support TIOCOUTQ command. Unfortunately, none of the drivers I mentioned above support TIOCOUTQ because it seems unclear to know amount of data inside a modem. Does Linux... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDoroshenko
12 Replies

6. Ubuntu

[SOLVED] Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on USB

I am trying to dual boot on an external USB 500GB drive using my laptop.I have Windows 7 installed and booting on 1st partition 230GB now as active primary, 2nd partition is 100GB as primary, and 3rd partition is 135GB as primary. I was intending on installing Ubuntu onto the 2nd partition. I read... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolecho
12 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Copy existing Ubuntu to boot from USB

Hello all, I am looking for a way to copy the existing Ubuntu server 12.04 to a USB (with all the packages and such) and make it boot from the USB. I have seen other threads about copying the CD image to the USB, which is not exactly I am looking for. Before I start diving into anything I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installing UBUNTU on USB stick

I'd like to install the OS on my stick. I would like to be able to save my works there and install apps or customize the OS. What can I do Ps. At home I use an iMac, but in the school where I work there are only PC... Ty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fabio_Puricelli
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to fix mistake on raid: mdadm create instead of assemble?

Hi guys, I'm new to RAID although I've had a server running raid5 for a while. It was delivered preinstalled like this and I never really wondered how to monitor and maintain it. This quick introduction just to let you understand why I'm such an idiot asking such a silly question. Now what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
0 Replies
clalsd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       clalsd.f(3)

NAME
clalsd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine clalsd (UPLO, SMLSIZ, N, NRHS, D, E, B, LDB, RCOND, RANK, WORK, RWORK, IWORK, INFO) CLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine clalsd (characterUPLO, integerSMLSIZ, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E, complex, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, realRCOND, integerRANK, complex, dimension( * )WORK, real, dimension( * )RWORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, integerINFO) CLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Purpose: CLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem of finding X to minimize the Euclidean norm of each column of A*X-B, where A is N-by-N upper bidiagonal, and X and B are N-by-NRHS. The solution X overwrites B. The singular values of A smaller than RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem; in this case a minimum norm solution is returned. The actual singular values are returned in D in ascending order. This code makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray XMP, Cray YMP, Cray C 90, or Cray 2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. Parameters: UPLO UPLO is CHARACTER*1 = 'U': D and E define an upper bidiagonal matrix. = 'L': D and E define a lower bidiagonal matrix. SMLSIZ SMLSIZ is INTEGER The maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree. N N is INTEGER The dimension of the bidiagonal matrix. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of columns of B. NRHS must be at least 1. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry D contains the main diagonal of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, if INFO = 0, D contains its singular values. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) Contains the super-diagonal entries of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, E has been destroyed. B B is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On input, B contains the right hand sides of the least squares problem. On output, B contains the solution X. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of B in the calling subprogram. LDB must be at least max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is REAL The singular values of A less than or equal to RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem. If RCOND is negative, machine precision is used instead. For example, if diag(S)*X=B were the least squares problem, where diag(S) is a diagonal matrix of singular values, the solution would be X(i) = B(i) / S(i) if S(i) is greater than RCOND*max(S), and X(i) = 0 if S(i) is less than or equal to RCOND*max(S). RANK RANK is INTEGER The number of singular values of A greater than RCOND times the largest singular value. WORK WORK is COMPLEX array, dimension (N * NRHS). RWORK RWORK is REAL array, dimension at least (9*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + 3*SMLSIZ*NRHS + MAX( (SMLSIZ+1)**2, N*(1+NRHS) + 2*NRHS ), where NLVL = MAX( 0, INT( LOG_2( MIN( M,N )/(SMLSIZ+1) ) ) + 1 ) IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension (3*N*NLVL + 11*N). INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: The algorithm failed to compute a singular value while working on the submatrix lying in rows and columns INFO/(N+1) through MOD(INFO,N+1). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Contributors: Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Definition at line 186 of file clalsd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 clalsd.f(3)