Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Enterprise level Solaris&Windows file sharing Post 302706181 by LittleLebowski on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 09:40:05 AM
Old 09-26-2012
vbe, do you know of any security problems or fixes/recommendations for NFS services for Windows?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Server 2003 file sharing with UNIX

We have a Windows Server 2003 box and I'd like to share a drive with a Sun Solaris box so that the Sun Solaris box can copy files to/from the Windows Server 2003. I believe that Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 will allow me to do this, can anyone comfirm this ? Also, any links on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markgrimes
1 Replies

3. Linux

Please help me, about the file sharing with windows system

Did anybody can teach me how to set the premission in the samba server? How to i set the premission in one folder but two access right. With one folder but the user access rights is diffirent. One user can full access the folder, and another one user only read only. thx for helping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudlor
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Windows/Solaris data sharing

Hi all, I have a request from Developer team in my compagny, they would like to be able to share data between unix and windows world. 1. We would like to be able to see Unix data from Windows : ?Samba ? 2 We would like to be able to see windows data from Solaris (Mount point) : ?NFS server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Sharing Windows Folder on Solaris

Hi All, I am wanting so share a windows folder on our Solaris computer. I am wanting to be able to save files to this folder directly on Windows. This will keep me from saving a file locally and FTPing to the windows HD. Currently, I am trying to get "services for Unix Administration" to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patm95
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

mount windows file sharing on hp-ux

Hi all, Can anyone teach me how to mount windows file sharing on hp-ux thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantas manik
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Difference between run level & init level

what are the major Difference Between run level & init level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem in File/Dir sharing between a windows and solaris

Hi , We are trying to share a particular directory between solaris running from VMware installed on Win7 box] and windows box. We tried the SWAT utility of samba, and made all possible changes for sharing. We committed the changes and we were clueless what need to be done further.. referred... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

block windows file sharing traffic between networks

I have a LAN for users 192.0.3.0 I have a WAN for servers 192.0.0.0 I have a iptables capable router with a static route from 192.0.3.0 to 192.0.0.0 my problem is SMB file sharing traffic is leaking on to our 192.0.0.0 and causing congestion. I only have one printer IP address that needs... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
13 Replies

10. HP-UX

File sharing between HP-UX 9 & W2K/XP

My company has several HP Model 715/100 machines running HP-UX 9 , that can't really be upgraded due to compatibility issues with some equipment it's tied to. Each UX box mounts a directory off of a Windows NT4 machine acting as an NFS server (using DiskShare Server 3 and 4), and as we upgrade the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldnPantaloons
3 Replies
REGDIFF(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							REGDIFF(1)

NAME
regdiff - Diff program for Windows registry files SYNOPSIS
regdiff [--help] [--backend=BACKEND] [--backend=BACKEND] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [location] [location] DESCRIPTION
regdiff compares two Windows registry files key by key and value by value and generates a text file that contains the differences between the two files. A file generated by regdiff can later be applied to a registry file by the regpatch utility. regdiff and regpatch use the same file format as the regedit32.exe utility from Windows. OPTIONS
--help Show list of available options. --backend BACKEND Name of backend to load. Possible values are: creg, regf, dir and rpc. The default is dir. This argument can be specified twice: once for the first registry file and once for the second. --credentials=CREDENTIALS Credentials to use, if any. Password should be separated from user name by a percent sign. This argument can be specified twice: once for the first registry file and once for the second. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
gregedit, regshell, regpatch, regtree, samba, patch, diff AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. This manpage and regdiff were written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 REGDIFF(1)