Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Different epoch conversion result for bash and csh users Post 302706095 by elixir_sinari on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 05:39:06 AM
Old 09-26-2012
Drop the quotes around ^#. In bash, the second operand for =~ is a pattern. Since you've quoted the pattern, it is not being treated as a pattern but as a string. Hence, only the else statement is executed.
This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion from EPOCH timestamp to local time zone

hello gurus, i want a perl/shell script which once invoked should convert a set of EPOCH timestamps to local time ( IST..i want) . how does it work ,i have an idea on that..but writing a perl/shell script for it is not possible for me...so i need help for the same. my exact requirement is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh -> ksh conversion question

Having been a long-time csh person I now need to convert a lot of stuff to run under ksh. Can anyone tell me how to do a ksh equivalent of the csh history substitution !* that can be used in an alias, ie how would I do: alias cd "cd \!*; pwd" alias find "find . -name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnywilkins
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending/append result from CSH script to xls file

Hi, 1st post... Done a quick search for this so apologies if I've missed it. Basically I want to output and and append several values generated by a csh script direct to an xls openoffice file, rather than send to txt file and then physically copy and paste to xls file. Already I send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottyjock
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh script to search for files and display result

Hello all. I'm a long time browser, first time poster...Be gentle :-) I don't use csh much, but have been asked to make a small script for our HP-UX systems to search for a report file(s) or summary file and display the result (I was using vuepad, but this probably is just complicating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neillsm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch conversion

I need to convert an epoch time from a file into a standard UTC time and output it in the same format but I'm not sure what's the best approach here's the input file and the bold part is what I need to convert. 1,1,"sys1",60,300000 2,"E:",286511144960 3,1251194521,"E:",0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satchy321
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion from Standard/given format to seconds/epoch

I am trying get time difference of two dates in secs. Initially I want to convert a standard date format to epoch for two dates and then subtract the two epoch dates. Example : date -d "2007-09-01 17:30:40" '+%s' But this gives me below error date: illegal option -- d Usage: date OS: AIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpaac
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch & Unix Timestamp Conversion Tools

Hi All, Please read the below data carefully. I need an unix command for converting unix timestamp to Epoch timestamp. I need to daily convert this today's unix(UTC) time to epoch time, so i am thinking to make a shellscript for this. Please help me for this by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Epoch Time Conversion

Hi there I came across this script online to convert Epoch time to proper date format, but I am receiving the following error Also, I have HISTTIMEFORMAT set in user's .profile so that their history output shows time stamps. Additionally I have changed their .history location to a dedicated... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

10. Programming

Python conversion to epoch time

Hi. I have timestamps that I am trying to convert to epoch time. An example: I am trying to convert this to an epoch timestamp but have one little glitch. I have this: import time date_time = '' pattern = '' epoch = int(time.mktime(time.strptime(date_time, pattern))) print epoch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)