Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assign output to dynamic variable Post 302706041 by Lem on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 03:27:21 AM
Old 09-26-2012
If you want to assing values to variables (better: to elements of an array), you can do like that (in GNUlinux/bash):
Code:
$ FILES=( $(find /var/tmp -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "server_[0-9]*" -printf %f" ") )
$ declare -A NAMES    ###this opens an associative array
$ for SERVER in "${FILES[@]}"; do NAMES[$SERVER]=$(grep ssp "$SERVER"); done

If you want to print to screen the servers names, then:
Code:
$ for SERVER in "${FILES[@]}"; do echo -e "${SERVER} names are:\n${NAMES[$SERVER]}"; done

--
Bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign an output to a variable

Hi, I am giving a grep command, and i am getting the output. i want to store it in a variable for eg a = grep '12345' /dir/1/2/log.txt ( the output is number) b= grep 'basic' /dir/1/2/log1.txt (in this case the output is character) so how to assign the output of grep to a variable ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hot to assign output to a variable

I want to assign a comment to a veriable for example my program head -1 myfile I want to assıgn output to a variable (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign the output of the interective script to the variable

Hi, I work in ksh88. I have an interective script which prompts the user for the input and returns numeric value depending on the input provided. I need to call this script inside another script and then assign the resulting output the the variable. The call like that A=`my script` obviously... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign command (with pipe) output to a variable

Hi , I would like to assign command (with pipe) output to a variable. The code is as follows. The goal of the code is to get the last folder folder with a particular name pattern. myDate=`ls | grep 2009 | tail -1` echo "myDate=" $myDate However, in the presence of the pipe, the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff_cen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk output to bash variable

greetings all, I am have a heck of a time trying to accomplish a very simple thing. I have an array of "shortname<spaces>id" created from a dscl output. I want to assign shortname=word1 and id=word2. I have tried shortname=$(${textArray} | awk '{print $1}') - and get 'awk : cannot open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macnetdaemon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign dscl output to variable as an array

Greetings folks, I am trying to assign the output of a dscl command (contains name<spaces>id) to a variable as an array. Currently I am piping the output into a tmp file, then reading the tmp file into an array, then parsing the array. I would like to bypass creating the tmp file portion of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macnetdaemon
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to assign command output to variable

Code set -x STATUS="0" echo $STATUS for i in `ls -ltr Report*|awk '{ print $9 }'` do if then flg = "`head -1 "$i" |cut -c 31-33`" echo `head -1 "$i" |cut -c 31-33` echo $flg if then echo "having Fun" STATUS="2" else echo "no Fun" fi fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Funkeydude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh PS4 variable assign to `date` output

Hi guys, Is there a way to assign curent time to PS4 variable in ksh. My goal is to have each line produced by 'set -x' command to have a time stamp. Here is my code: $cat test #!/usr/bin/ksh export PS4="`date` " set -x echo "TRACE LINE ONE" echo "I WILL SLEEP FOR 10 SEC" sleep 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign the Output of an SQL Query to a Variable?

Hi iam new to shell scripting how to declare variables as redshift query and I have to compare two counts by using if condition . ex:count=select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from tag; can any one help me . Please use CODE tags when displaying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam526
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I assign the output of a command to a variable within a loop in bash?

In the else of the main if condition . else set lnk = $(readlink -f <path> | cut -d '/' -f7) echo "$lnk" if ] When I run the above on command line , the execution seems to be fine and I get the desired output. But when I try to assign it to a variable within a loop... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
12 Replies
LIBMEMCACHED_EXAMPLES(3)					   libmemcached 					  LIBMEMCACHED_EXAMPLES(3)

NAME
libmemcached_examples - libmemcached Documentation Examples for libmemcached DESCRIPTION
For full examples, test cases are found in tests/*.c in the main distribution. These are always up to date, and are used for each test run of the library. CONNECTING TO SERVERS
const char *config_string= "--SERVER=host10.example.com --SERVER=host11.example.com --SERVER=host10.example.com" memcached_st *memc= memcached(config_string, strlen(config_string); { ... } memcached_free(memc); In the above code you create a memcached_st object with three server by making use of memcached_create(). CREATING A POOL OF SERVERS
Creating a pool of Servers: const char *config_string= "--SERVER=host10.example.com --SERVER=host11.example.com --SERVER=host10.example.com"; memcached_pool_st* pool= memcached_pool(config_string, strlen(config_string)); memcached_return_t rc; memcached_st *memc= memcached_pool_pop(pool, false, &rc); .... do work /* Release the memc_ptr that was pulled from the pool */ memcached_pool_push(pool, memc); /* Destroy the pool. */ memcached_pool_destroy(pool); In the above code you create a memcached_pool_st object with three server by making use of memcached_pool(). When memcached_pool_destroy() all memory will be released that is associated with the pool. ADDING A VALUE TO THE SERVER
Adding a value to the Server: char *key= "foo"; char *value= "value"; memcached_return_t rc= memcached_set(memc, key, strlen(key), value, value_length, (time_t)0, (uint32_t)0); if (rc != MEMCACHED_SUCCESS) { ... // handle failure } It is best practice to always look at the return value of any operation. FETCHING MULTIPLE VALUES
memcached_return_t rc; char *keys[]= {"fudge", "son", "food"}; size_t key_length[]= {5, 3, 4}; unsigned int x; uint32_t flags; char return_key[MEMCACHED_MAX_KEY]; size_t return_key_length; char *return_value; size_t return_value_length; rc= memcached_mget(memc, keys, key_length, 3); x= 0; while ((return_value= memcached_fetch(memc, return_key, &return_key_length, &return_value_length, &flags, &rc))) { free(return_value); x++; } Notice that you freed values returned from memcached_fetch(). The define MEMCACHED_MAX_KEY is provided for usage. HOME
To find out more information please check: http://libmemcached.org/ SEE ALSO
memcached(1) AUTHOR
Brian Aker COPYRIGHT
2011-2013, Brian Aker DataDifferential, http://datadifferential.com/ 1.0.16 January 31, 2013 LIBMEMCACHED_EXAMPLES(3)