Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test command:Duplicate Header row in Log File Post 302705957 by spacebar on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 10:05:25 PM
Old 09-25-2012
Try the "-s" file test:
-s file file is not empty.
Code:
if [[ ! -s $LOGFILE ]] then
 touch $LOGFILE && echo "ENV" "\t" "HOSTNAME" "\t" "OS" "\t" "IPADDRESS"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert header row into .xls

Hello, I am building an .xls file extracting info from a DB to be eventually emailed. All is good except how do I put in a header row.. like date, name of report etc. before the columns with the actual column name and data? Thanks for any assistance.. the below is after I have signed into... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tish
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array with row header

Here is the csv file file i have: ServerName, IPAddress, Gateway, Notes ServerA, 192.168.1.100, 192.168.1.1, This is some server ServerB, 192.168.1.110, 192.168.1.1, This is some other server ServerC, 192.168.1.120, 192.168.1.1, This is some other other server I would like to have the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append column and row header to a file in awk script.

Hi! Is there a way to append column and row header to a file in awk script. For example if I have Jane F 39 manager Carlos M 40 system administrator Sam F 20 programmer and I want it to be # name gend age occup 1 Jane F 39 manager 2 Carlos M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude the header row in the file to validate

Hi All, File contains header row.. we need to exclude the header row...no need to validate the first row in the file. Data in the file should take valid data(two columns)..we need to exclude the more than two columns in the file except the first line. email|firstname a|123|100 b|345... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude the header row while splitting the file

Hi All, i have script like ... "TYPE_ID" "ID" "LIST_ID" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" i am using the below code it's not taking the header row. awk -F"\t" -v file=test1.txt -v file1=test2.txt ' { if(... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display the header of a matched row in a file?

Hi, So I am trying to print the first row(header) first column alongwith the matched value. But I am not sure how do I print the same, by matching a pattern located in the file eg File contents Name Place Jim NY Jill NJ Cathy CA Sam TX Daniel FL And what I want is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)