Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SELinux Security Context-External Drive Post 302705899 by rsheikh01 on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 04:37:41 PM
Old 09-25-2012
ausearch -m avc -ts today
<no matches>
**I will re-attempt to install to give you more relevant info

One of the file on which during install I as root do a setuid and it shows correctly done
-rwsr-xr-x. 1 root sasuser 104375 May 11 2011 sasauth
sasauth: setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable

The external drive is your run of the mill 1 TB external drive, I think gateway. Okay funny part, if I do install on same external drive from a linux 32 bit, no issue, doing it from 64 bit the issue. The issue actually is that the install stops and prompts to run setuid and then select CONTINUE to finsih install, on linux 64 bit it says perms changed successfully but then on CONTINUE nothing happens. There is no bit issue as I have both versions.

The sealert did not work as you pointed out I do not have the setroubleshoot server installed.

Poor man SAN I was simply referring to storage as to what can I use/get on a beer budget...

Oh and thank you for your time and knowledge!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing directories of an external hard drive

How do I do it? I have a mac and a pc and am having a time cd-ing to the external drive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theGooch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External SCSI hard drive

Someone gave me a small external SCSI hard drive for my SunOS 5.8 test system. How do I make Unix see the hard drive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

3. AIX

external DDS4 Tape Drive

Hi folks, I've got a little problem concerning my external dds4 tape drive. I've got 2 rs6000 systems, one has a external dds4 tape drive attached, I want to attach the tape drive to the other rs6000 system so that i can restore data from the 1st rs6000 on to the second. Does anybody has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partitioning External Drive

I am about to set up another triple boot drive, but this one is connected to my MacBook with a USB adapter. I want to be sure that I do not overwrite data on my laptop's internal drive. This is the command I used for the internal drive, which was found in an Ubuntu forum, but the sizes were changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacInAction
0 Replies

5. Debian

Unable to mount external drive

Trying to mount an external 160GB Toshiba drive but.... this is my dmesg tail output: usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3 usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=13fd, idProduct=1618 usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0 usb 2-2:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ridson
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Need some help with lost data on external drive

Hi all, I would really appreciate some assistance with some lost data on external drive. The external is a Seagate Goflex 3TB drive, Desktop hard drive | External Desktop hard drives | FreeAgent | GoFlex Desk | Seagate The purpose of the drive is to do time machine backups to it from my mac.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Usb external drive

Hi Guys I am using RHEL5 O/S. We have mounted the usb external hard drive to the server as root. I want the user oracle to be able to write into this external hard drive. How do i do that ? Please Help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to Install UNIX on an External Drive?

Hello, I'm running Windows 10, but I wish to install UNIX on an external drive and not my internal drive. Also, I'm not quite sure what UNIX to install? I also want to install the GNAT compiler so that I can also practice Ada programming. I will appreciate all help, CMN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CMN
2 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. The grub source distribution carries this script to ease the installation of grub as a boot loader. In Suse Linux however, grub installa- tion is much better handled by Yast; use of this script is generally discouraged and therefore unsupported. Consequently, the script has been renamed to grub-install.unsupported. In order to (re-)install grub for the currently running system, simply use Yast. For an installation aiming at a differing system, the crafting of an appropriate device.map and grub shell script is strongly advised, e.g. "grub --batch --device-map=target-device.map < tar- get-grub.conf" SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) May 2005 GRUB-INSTALL(8)